The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

If Burr was making Hansen's salary you might be on to something. IMO we'll be hard pressed to sell him at 50% let alone 25%.

It depends. 

A team like Arizona or Carolina will like that he only makes $3mil but has a $4.5 mil cap hit. Hard to find another way to hide $1.5 mil against the floor. 

That might have value. 

2 minutes ago, theminister said:

It depends. 

A team like Arizona or Carolina will like that he only makes $3mil but has a $4.5 mil cap hit. Hard to find another way to hide $1.5 mil against the floor. 

That might have value. 

But then he'd need to waive. 

To Arizona or Carolina...

4 minutes ago, Devon Jade said:

Hopefully they sign him soon! Love his speed, strength, and hockey IQ. I'm really excited for this kid!

yeah. hopefully they sign him soon. love to see him in the line up. wanna see what they can do. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... And where the Heck is STEIRLITZ with his daily fresh reports extracted from the Russian Newspapers ??   Anyone no if Mr T has been eliminated from the playoffs,. Or have i missed the quote?

Sorry SilentSam, worked last night and some OT in the morning... Yeah Avto lost 5-2 last night despite leading after the first period 2-0. Tryamkin with primary assist on first goal, he played 22:42, the most minutes among Avto players.

This is link to video http://video.khl.ru/events/404883?locale=ru First goal at 01:14 - 01:38, Tryamkin in front of the opponent's net pushing players around.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

They can't at this point.  Because the Canucks didn't paper anyone to Utica the only player that can be sent down at this point is Gaunce because he was on the Comets roster at 3:00 pm on Monday and called up after.  There is no one else that can be sent to Utica for the rest of the season.  They need to convince Tryamkin to sign and play in Utica the rest of this season to adjust to the NA game.

Is it really that players who were in the NHL at 3 p.m. on the deadline can't be sent down, or just that they're ineligible for the AHL playoffs?  Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, tyhee said:

Is it really that players who were in the NHL at 3 p.m. on the deadline can't be sent down, or just that they're ineligible for the AHL playoffs?  Thanks in advance.

They can not be sent down to the AHL at any  point during the rest of the year including the playoffs. There is another Tryamkin thread over on hfboards and if you dig back a few pages someone posted the actual language in the CBA that addresses the issue. It sounds a bit like lawyer speak but yes that is the bottom line.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

They can not be sent down to the AHL at any  point during the rest of the year including the playoffs. There is another Tryamkin thread over on hfboards and if you dig back a few pages someone posted the actual language in the CBA that addresses the issue. It sounds a bit like lawyer speak but yes that is the bottom line.

Unless there's something I missed on the hfboards thread, the issue was different-it was whether Tryamkin becomes a free agent if unsigned through June 1.  I was the one that posted the CBA wording on that issue.

Edit: nvmd.  I found it and you're right.  It's in 13.12(j) of the CBA.

Edited by tyhee

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

From the Avto fan forum:

I don't have words to describe how much # 88 has improved this season - very respectable home grown defenseman he becomes. He was forgiven his learning mistakes because I would say he was the face of our club. Nikita will move to the NHL and for some reason I believe that he is going to grow more and make the national team. Anyway he is a beauty, thank you Nikita, especially for your saves in the playoffs.

Steirlitz!

Thanks for all your updates!!  Hope you get some well deserved rest this weekend..  and hopeful we get some great breaking news saying Mr Tryamkin is confident enough in his game to continue his journey into North America.  Being noted as a probable pick for the National Team is no small matter,. Hope that inspires him as this season ends and the next one begins.

• Upvote 1

Found this interesting

The caveat is that Tryamkin can play both sides, said Benning.

In fact, every time Benning scouted Tryamkin, he was playing on his right side despite a left shot, said the GM.

Looks like we could have both Trymakin and Pedan on the roster next year

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 3

The big T, as opposed to the big E, number 88.  Looks like we found the right guy who can play the PP with the Sedins. He was parked in front of the net and got an assist on one of those goals his last game. Perfect spot for him. I believe Chara does that as well..

10 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

Still 23 players until playoff time

I think the 23 man active roster limit expires at the trade deadline.

Here's the section from CBA Article 16.4:

16.4 Active Roster Size; Playing Roster.

(a) There shall be a maximum of twenty-three (23) Players on each Club's Active Roster at any one time, provided, however, that, on the date of each season's Trade Deadline, a Club's Active Roster may be increased to any number of Players the Club, in its discretion, so determines, subject to Article 50. 

And here's a quote from NHL.com's page on "Hockey Operations Guidelines": http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline.

16 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Patrick is the clear cut number one, but after that the 2017 sucks

know who the top five best for the 2017? Patrick can't be the only player in that draft class. there's got to be more. if we tank next year. it better for clear cut number one then. lol.