The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks in on Vrbata

I'm kind of ok with our roster now.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Vey-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Dorsett

I don't see Burrows waving his NTC. Hansen officially has his NTC in place so makes no sense to move him. Higgins has an NTC. If we got a guy like Vrbata we either have to force out Burrows, or perhaps stunt the growth of Vey or Kassian. I would rather run with this lineup, let Jensen start in AHL and get called up if injuries happen. And then after this season it becomes a cluster when Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, and probably Fox are all ready for the NHL.

I'm curious how Vey gets a spot on the 2nd line while Jensen, Horvat and Gaunce are left off the roster. Love that 4th line though.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Vey-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

I don't see Burrows waving his NTC. Hansen officially has his NTC in place so makes no sense to move him. Higgins has an NTC. If we got a guy like Vrbata we either have to force out Burrows, or perhaps stunt the growth of Vey or Kassian. I would rather run with this lineup, let Jensen start in AHL and get called up if injuries happen. And then after this season it becomes a cluster when Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, and probably Fox are all ready for the NHL.

I like it but we need young guns in the lineup, Horvat, Jensen or Shinkaruk.

I'd rather see us getting a legitimate top 3 than spend the money on Vrbata.

With the resigning of our FA's we will have roughly 4.5-5 mill to spend. I would ship out a few 6-9 wingers for somebody that's making 6-7 mill.

However, beggars can't be choosers.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Vey - Matthias

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

No room for Jensen, Gaunce, Fox or Horvat. Doesn't make too much sense unless others get moved for picks.

I am cool buying low on Vrbata (2-3 yrs @ 3-3.5)and still going after Ericksson on the cheap for someone like Markstrom and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. BOS needs a backup with Johnson being gone and Markstrom could be valuable to them. The main thing is shedding that contract to sign their younger guys. If we are able to trade Hansen for a pick ala Garrison, having Vrbata and Loui could be a luxury.

Twins - Ericksson

Vrbata - Bonino - Kassian

Vey - Horvat/Matthias - Higgins

DD - Richardson - Matthias/Sestito

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Vey-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

I really dont want to see fox or virtanen in the lineup next season

I'm curious how Vey gets a spot on the 2nd line while Jensen, Horvat and Gaunce are left off the roster. Love that 4th line though.

Vey has had 3 fantastic years in the AHL and would have been a full time NHLer with the Kings, but they had no room for him. I would be more inclined to start him off on 3rd line and bump up Hansen or Higgins, but I think Hansen and Higgins just play too well together and have developed good chemistry the last couple of years. I think Vey would compliment Bonino and Kassian very well. As for Jensen, I think he's close to being an NHLer, but I think he needs more time in the AHL. He played well his first 8-9 games in the NHL last year, but started struggling noticeably the rest. I want him in the lineup, but I think were more competitive with the roster I posted, and letting Jensen come in if injuries occur. Horvat could stand to use another year of development as well. We've seen in the past what can happen if you throw a prospect into the fire too soon (lets not forget Nino Neiderreiter). The kid is only 19. More development can only help him. As for Gaunce I am 50/50 on him. I would be ok with trading Matthias or Richardson, and letting Gaunce take a center spot on one of those lines, but for me, I would rather have the proven NHL players, both of whom are in their final year of contracts, and let Gaunce have a year in the AHL finally to see what life is like beyond the OHL, and take the spot from one of them next year.

This is what I'm guessing for 2015 barring any big trades:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Vey-Bonino-Jensen

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Hansen

Sestito-Gaunce-Dorsett

I think Burrows gets dealt at the deadline if he's willing to be on the move and my gut feeling is Higgins is on the move in the next year too.

Vey has had 3 fantastic years in the AHL and would have been a full time NHLer with the Kings, but they had no room for him. I would be more inclined to start him off on 3rd line and bump up Hansen or Higgins, but I think Hansen and Higgins just play too well together and have developed good chemistry the last couple of years. I think Vey would compliment Bonino and Kassian very well. As for Jensen, I think he's close to being an NHLer, but I think he needs more time in the AHL. He played well his first 8-9 games in the NHL last year, but started struggling noticeably the rest. I want him in the lineup, but I think were more competitive with the roster I posted, and letting Jensen come in if injuries occur. Horvat could stand to use another year of development as well. We've seen in the past what can happen if you throw a prospect into the fire too soon (lets not forget Nino Neiderreiter). The kid is only 19. More development can only help him. As for Gaunce I am 50/50 on him. I would be ok with trading Matthias or Richardson, and letting Gaunce take a center spot on one of those lines, but for me, I would rather have the proven NHL players, both of whom are in their final year of contracts, and let Gaunce have a year in the AHL finally to see what life is like beyond the OHL, and take the spot from one of them next year.

This is what I'm guessing for 2015 barring any big trades:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Vey-Bonino-Jensen

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Hansen

Sestito-Gaunce-Dorsett

I think Burrows gets dealt at the deadline if he's willing to be on the move and my gut feeling is Higgins is on the move in the next year too.

Reports are that Burr won't waive. I like that you put Kassian on the 1st, I also peg him there if Burr is not. I like Vey and I hope he works out, he is the most exciting change Benning has made IMO. I would have no problem with your line-up, it gives us room to move parts in and out of Utica as needed. I hope 2015 is the year we see what we really have.

Blasphemey

What would u pay him if anything

I wouldnt sign him. He is talented offensively, but he is 33 and his contract would likely take up space in the lineup that can be used on developing a young player such as Kassian, Jensen, Vey, Horvat and soon down the line a Shinkaruk or Virtanen into a top 6 role...IMO what we should be focused on.

I would save the money, hope Vey turns his AHL production into a consistent scorer at this level when given top 6 minutes and if not the space is free for next years MUCH better UFA class or a trade of a disgrunteled player that can help us much more going forward than Vrbata (i.e Evander Kane, Tyler Myers, if Shea Weber were to want out etc..).

Just my 2 cents.

33 i believe, and i too think setoguchi would be way cheap and is 6 years younger.

Vrbata doesnt fit us getting younger, but he does fit the ryan miller age group so who knows what JB is willing to do

id rather setoguchi 2yr 4m

If we acquire Vrbata we gotta move someone out, it would give us tremendous depth and we can go through 3-4 bottom 6 injuries without to much change in skill.

Sedins - Kassian

Burrows - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Matthias - Vey

Hansen - Richardson - Dorsett

Sestito

First call ups: Jensen, Archibald, Lain, Zalewski, Shinkaruk, Gaunce.

Archived