The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Are We Out Of Cap Space?

BurgerKing

So you picked I injury plagued year for your useless comment.

It's not useless Burrows was overpaid in the first place, and Daniel Sedin hasn't looked like Daniel Sedin in 3 years.

Those 2 players being replaced by a budding Horvat and Shinkaruk and we're gonna be just fine.

Daniel Sedin 7 mil for 16 goals last year

Burrows 4.5 for 5 goals

Miller = over priced when we have Lack

and too many Hansen Higgins Matthias clones ship out a higgins = 2.5

7+6+4.5+2.5 =20 million on 4 players that may be completely useless for us

I understand what your getting at smokejump but we needed a veteran Goaltender that Lack could learn from. Eddie was practically thrown to the wolves once Loungo left. As for the rest well things will take time to change.

Some people look at Edler's cap hit and think it's a good deal. No, it's a good deal if he's playing well. It's brutal if he's got the worst +/- in the league. Yet people look the other way. Go figure.

They're too blinded by their disproportionate hatred of Burrows during one injury prone year to call out Edler for his bad play of several seasons now.

Our defence is surprisingly great value compared to some of the others out there. Bieksa, Edler, Hamhuis and Tanev all for 17-18M. Then you've got Sbisa/Corrado/Stanton/Weber for scraps filling out our bottom pairing quite nicely.

We're getting burned with the Miller and Vbrata deals but they're only short term until this team is ready to dish out some heavy contracts to its youngsters. Lack, Kassian, Jensen, Horvat and Shinkaruk will command big dollars in about 3 or 4 years once the 11M of "rentals" has expired and hopefully Burrows is gone by then too. 4.5M for a 3rd or 4th liner is a joke.

Burrows had 1 off year. The Sedins, Bieksa and Edler have played like donkeys for a few years now. Those guys need to play at the level they are getting paid for, theirs are the contracts that are burning us.

Haha, 13,926 posts and the immaturity to quote someone's post count.

We'll be a force in 2-3 years just be patient and watch.

You're missing his point entirely. Someone here long enough to post 2400 times should know by now that a certain percentage of this board is occupied by the ignorant and stupid.

As for your second point, I am optimistic like you are. These are exciting times for Canuck fans.

Daniel Sedin 7 mil for 16 goals last year

Burrows 4.5 for 5 goals

Miller = over priced when we have Lack

and too many Hansen Higgins Matthias clones ship out a higgins = 2.5

7+6+4.5+2.5 =20 million on 4 players that may be completely useless for us

Another proponent of 'one bad season means forever bad', I see.

Miller is an exceptional goalie and is worth 6M. Love the short term. .923 average playing on the worst team in the league...

Very foolish to give up 'the clones' when you can keep them and have prospects sliding between Utica/Vancouver as needed. I believe that's called DEPTH.

Your 'useless' comment is not only insulting, but incredibly uninformed. The 'what have you done for me lately' faction speakeths.

Further more, I really can't see Shinks and Horvat ever matching the Sedin output for the past few years. Or are you thinking either of them will win the Hart or Art Ross awards during their careers? :shock:

Burrows had 1 off year. The Sedins, Bieksa and Edler have played like donkeys for a few years now. Those guys need to play at the level they are getting paid for, theirs are the contracts that are burning us.

I hate when people say the sedins are useless... They have one season below .93 points per game and they suck....

Fair weather fans should just jump ship with Kesler

I hate when people say the sedins are useless... They have one season below .93 points per game and they suck....

I don't hate on the Sedins but it was yet another example of a poor contract length and hit depicting MG's inability to determine the landscape of the league and his own team.

He got his job as an agent negotiating contracts mixed up with his role as GM to sign contracts that work within the teams's mode going forward.

Nice of you to notice. BTW as you've hopefully noticed, post count isn't all there is... But yeah, I really should know by now...

Wasn't really intending to bust your jewels Spoosh - post count is generally irrelevent, true, but you ought to be able to appreciate the humour in the point that after a few thousand posts around here, you've no doubt seen a whole lot of stupid by now. Btw, agree with the rest of your post. People can be pretty damn impatient and mopey - imo the franchise has a very bright future ahead of it.

I hate when people make excuses for the Sedins. They are the 1st line on this team, they are paid as such. They were outplayed by LA's top line in the playoffs, they were outplayed by San Jose's top line in the playoffs. Last season they were outplayed by almost every top line.

It's not fairweather when i've been calling them out for years. Same with Bieksa and Edler..

I hate when people make excuses for the Sedins. They are the 1st line on this team, they are paid as such. They were outplayed by LA's top line in the playoffs, they were outplayed by San Jose's top line in the playoffs. Last season they were outplayed by almost every top line.

It's not fairweather when i've been calling them out for years. Same with Bieksa and Edler..

Guess what... every year 15 other top lines get out played every year...

Also, the Sedins have produced at almost a point per game every year, so maybe you should look at other players.

The top line is gobbling up 18.5 million. I haven't compared the numbers but that seems pretty high versus other team's top line.

Also other teams can usually draft/develop skilled fowards from within every once in awhile. Those guys add skill for a relatively low price. All Canucks fans have are legends from long ago of a time when a young forward produced for them.

Archived