The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kane and Toews confirmed to sign $10.5 million contracts

not bad, Crosby and Malkin have been at 8.7 for the past 5 years....when these contracts kick in, the cap will be almost 75M$ and in 2-3 years when the cap hits $80+M, these contract will look like a bargain.

I smell another lockout.

I'm not sure why people can't understand this. The Nhl had record revenues this past season.

For sure, record compared to the past, but there is no knowing where it all flattens out. Maybe the cap stops going up at 75 mil or maybe the nhl does something really stupid and revenues dip again. There is all kinds of reason to be skeptical.

Chicago > Vancouver

It won't cripple them.

No. Vancouver > Chicago

Last I checked we won the last series between the teams and we were the only team that had a winning record against them when they won the cup in the half year.

Chicago is a pathetic city and even more pathetic of a team

Seems fake but...

Chicago has already won two cups. Does it really matter if the two players who were huge in both runs get paid? Don't think so. Proven, accomplished, brought Chi-town two cups what more could you want?

Well that's what we did with Burrows and Edler and that's been a total disaster. Paying athletes in the future for what they've done in the past is terrible business.

No. Vancouver > Chicago

Last I checked we won the last series between the teams and we were the only team that had a winning record against them when they won the cup in the half year.

Just stupid or bitter?

No. Vancouver > Chicago

Wow really?

No. Vancouver > Chicago

They got 2 cups, we have none. Pride and stupidity go hand in hand with a Canucks fan,

Well that's what we did with Burrows and Edler and that's been a total disaster. Paying athletes in the future for what they've done in the past is terrible business.

You missed the fact that I mentioned "cup" multiple times :P I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind if we finally won a cup for the first time since 1915 :lol:

I do agree with your point though as parity is disrupted and values sky-rocket and possibly destroy a team.

Unfortunately teams will keep handing out huge contracts then run crying to Bettman afterward screaming for a lockout and "finanical structure." I don't think it is all doom and gloom for the Blackhawks. Pittsburgh with their two huge contracts have been competitive, not a cup team, but competitive. If the cap continues to rise Chicago could still be a threat.

Archived