The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kane and Toews confirmed to sign $10.5 million contracts

the logic behind giving out this contracts is retarded sorry for using the term but it is

oh we won 2 cups or 1 cup like pittsburgh lets hand out contracts that will cripple the team going forward

these players don't need to be making 8 9 or 10 plus million dollars a freaking year plus endorsements the agents get greedy the players get greedy thanks for bringing the NHL back just to have another lockout because teams agents and players can't seem to learn from their mistakes

This makes the Sedins contracts look pretty good, that is a huge cap hit but we all knew it was coming.

Not necessarily... 2 guys that will be in their primes for most of those contracts compared to 2 guys who are just past/on the decline

this will end up exactly like Pittsburgh they are following the exact same model basically ya both teams can say they won a cup or 2 in Chicago's case but at the expense of crippling the team going forward turning a contender into a pretender because that is what Pittsburgh is right now yes they have Crosby but they are doing squat when they make the playoffs in a couple years Chicago will be in the same boat

I wonder how there teammates feel about this?

well... you just have to hope... no player gets around 70 points... my example is...

lets say... toes fnishes off a season with 72 points...

Another player finishes off the season with 68 points, and is a pending RFA..... you know how the story goes... that player might ask Toews / Kane mo ney. We all know is no more then a 75 point player. Why did you think David Bolland asked for his contract from Toronto???? Because a Scrub like Clarkson got 5.25 million in his mind David Bolland thought he deserved just as much.

The won the city 2 cups and the cap is going up. I don't think it is a good number but I don't blame them for asking for it. Those two are the cornerstone of that franchise. I am sure in their time there they will see at least 2 more SCFs. I am not going to criticize this move until made public. 10x8 is where I would cut off if I was the GM though.

Consider though what the cap could be 8 years from now. 8 years ago it was $44 million. At the same growth rate it could be $108 million by 2022.

Bettman will have to bail faster(wouldn't put it past him), there are holes in the proverbial, societal economic bucket.

Archived