The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shocking....Booth remain unsigned

Fred65

Where the hell are people getting that Booth is bad defensively?

He'll get signed to a reasonable deal because even if he never returns to 20 goal form, he can play all 3 zones and will hit the piss out of the opponent to get the puck back when he doesn't have it (which isn't often).

This is what David Booth's exit interview looked like;

Aroragary-Office-Space-what-is-it-that-y

Booth is like Lumberg. He was the man for a period in his career but then the two Bobs came along and he lost his parking spot and his office.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Booth is not a bad player. He just never did what he was brought in to do, and his contract was just way too much.

If his contact was 1M, I'd still want him here. With that said, I'm kind of surprised nobody has signed him - unless he's holding out for something silly like 3m.

Yeh he's not worth the same as MR. Half maybe.

"Many good players hasn't been signed(players better than Booth), but I guess some team will sign him at 1mil for 1 year. He's a good player when he doesn't cost you 4mil."

or is injured. :sadno:

Haha, troll... The guy just got married (to a hotter chick than you will ever get) and is on his honeymoon.

Besides that, he is getting paid the entire time he is away. I am sure he will sign somewhere like Detroit.

He had a better year than Burrows...

Many a guy has regretted that approach to matrimony. Never judge a book by it's cover. :sadno:

There are lots of players as-good-or-better than Booth still out there.

Derek Roy

Dustin Penner

Devin Setoguchi

Dany Heatley

Brendan Morrow

Steve Ott

David Moss...

There are probably teams trying to sign these guys, who may miss out and move on to Booth.

If we made some more cap room with a trade I'd love to get Penner

Lots of teams look to fill out holes in their rosters now that the big fish have been landed.

I am sure Booth will be signed somewhere... kind of like the trajectory of Taylor Pyatt and Steve Bernier, they managed to re-make themselves into useful bottom 6 forwards after not quite being up to scratch as top guys.

Archived