The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shocking....Booth remain unsigned

Fred65

Lot's of players are still unsigned. Like others have stated, he'll get a Raymond/Leafs type deal. The market has just cooled off and teams/GMs are still evaluating what they have. Come August, you'll see others start to get signed, including Booth.

He's not a useless player by any means, he was just injured a lot on the Canucks and never found his groove. Will he be a top 6 forward? Probably not. But he would be a serviceable third line winger, which is what he'd be used for on a one year deal next year.

is there a need for a post like this? The guy played hard for us. Yes he is not on our team anymore, but do you enjoy bashing all of our ex-players who you don't like? And no, I don't agree that he tried to make himself look good by playing hard at the end of the season, he's played consistently the same way for the Canucks during his time here. He may not be a NHL quality player any more, but there's no need to be insulting. Get some respect, and maybe a life while you are at it.

Yes I agree...booth was injured but I thought he played well when healthy...

He's worth over 25 million, I don't feel bad for him at all.

He was paid that, I don't think Booth is WORTH that, in any sense of the word. He'll sign a 1 year deal maybe in Nashville or Long Island for about 1.5.

He is a servicable 3rd line player, but was being paid as a strong 2nd line player. I really hope Hansen shapes up this year or Trader Jim is boot his ass outta town. No room on the 4th line for 2.5 million cap hits. Plus we'll need the roster space.

Haha, troll... The guy just got married (to a hotter chick than you will ever get) and is on his honeymoon.

Besides that, he is getting paid the entire time he is away. I am sure he will sign somewhere like Detroit.

He had a better year than Burrows...

I agree. This type of thread is just silly. Booth is a great looking guy, incredible shape, super hot wife, and has made $25 million so far. I am sure he is crying himself to sleep how horrible his life has turned out.

Booth is not a bad player. He just never did what he was brought in to do, and his contract was just way too much.

If his contact was 1M, I'd still want him here. With that said, I'm kind of surprised nobody has signed him - unless he's holding out for something silly like 3m.

Which is why I think people should calm down about Bonino. He had one "good" season. Want to know who else did? Booth and Garrison, for starters. Then they arrived here and weren't exactly impressive by the time it was all said and done. Remember, Bonino is also going from the highest scoring team in the NHL to literally one of the worst.

Booth is NOT a bad player. He just had a ridiculous contract on top of being fragile. If we could sign booth, (I know we can't because we bought him out) I would definitely give him a look. Get him on a 1 million dollar contract or so, that would be fantastic. Is he worth 4mill+, of course not. But 1 to maybe 2 mill, I'd roll the dice on that I've I was a GM. I'm sure they're just waiting it out. Why commit now when you can try and get someone better and less fragile. Once the market pool gets really bare, I expect him to get an offer, or at least a PTO similar to how Raymond got last year

Somebody will definitely pick him up eventually. Now that we've got past all the top UFAs, teams will decide over the rest of the summer who they want to pick up off the scrap pile for 3rd and 4th lines.

Booth brings a good skillset to the table and one team out there will agree and add him to their mix at a cap-friendly price and probably a one-year "prove-it" deal. He has great speed and isn't afraid to hit (I think he was actually one of our top hit producers last year). He's just had bad luck with injuries imo and it's taken him a while to get his confidence back. The points didn't come last year but I like what he brought to our team nonetheless. Good luck David!

He is going to get signed by a contender who will win a SC just so CDC can diss management for letting Booth walk.

Booth to Montreal. Booth and Weise in the third line. Stanley Cup GWG ... Booth to Weise, to Booth scores!!!!! Canadiens win the Stanley Cup!!!

I feel for the guy. He was playing well with Florida, he gets traded to the Canucks and the team does well regardless of his contribution. The conclusion is he just couldn't produce or sustain any chemistry with the team. His career basically took a nose dive when he came here.

Can't believe we trade Samuelsson for him, a guy who could play anywhere in the lineup and have success.

Archived