The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances of WD winning the Jack Adams in 1st year

Dal Colle

If a 1st time NHL coach like Patrick Roy can win the Jack Adams, then I believe WD can win it too. He has a great pedigree to his name including winning the Calder Cup with the Stars affiliate. He has coached in many levels. And JB and Trevor Linden are very high with WD, which is a good thing. I believe he coached Hunter Shinkaruk for a season and says that he has a great relationship with players wherever he coaches. He just wants to win and this is why I'm happy about grabbing him. Plus we get to retain Travis Green with Utica

I say 3-1 odds he wins the jack Adams

If a 1st time NHL coach like Patrick Roy can win the Jack Adams, then I believe WD can win it too. He has a great pedigree to his name including winning the Calder Cup with the Stars affiliate. He has coached in many levels. And JB and Trevor Linden are very high with WD, which is a good thing. I believe he coached Hunter Shinkaruk for a season and says that he has a great relationship with players wherever he coaches. He just wants to win and this is why I'm happy about grabbing him. Plus we get to retain Travis Green with Utica

I say 3-1 odds he wins the jack Adams

1/30 like every year

But for sake of discussion he has a top 10 chance of getting it. If he makes the playoffs with the canucks then I say he gets it.

Really depends more on the players adapping to the coach and hopefully they do better then with torts

Go Nucks go

Well after last seasons debacle I'm sure eyes will be on Vancouver and WD to see what happens. If he has a great year, I'm sure he'll be considered for an Adams trophy for helping turn the team around. We'll just have to wait and see. This topic is like ten months too early lol.

Unless you got your self a crystal ball, it's impossible to know whose going to win the Jack Adams considering the puck hasn't even dropped yet. So ya 30 to 1 is where were at right now. Although, say the Canucks over achieve this year and lots of our players improve than he will be in the conversation. Considering practically everyone around the league considers the Canucks trash this year and lots of our players had an awful season under Torts, I'm thinking it could happen but it's definately a long shot.

The only way Willie Desjardins wins the Jack Adams is if he can coach the Canucks either to a division title or *maybe* second place.

If the Canucks win the division and there aren't any other crazy overachievers in the NHL, then there's a good chance.

While the team isn't as good as years past, they aren't at the bottom either, so simply a playoff berth wouldn't be good enough.

he'd have to get us in the playoffs and there's only 1 spot realistically available with 4 teams fighting for that 1 spot.

so theres a 25% chance we get in and there are usually 3 candidates at the end of the year, so I'll assume they all have equal probability of winning

So, theres roughly a .25 x .33 = 0.0825 = 8.25% chance of winning

Archived