The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the people saying "trade Burrows" ....

The Listening

Quite conceivably, I can see the Ducks roster looking like this:

FORWARDS

Matt Beleskey (LW) / Ryan Getzlaf ( C ) / Corey Perry (RW)

Emerson Etem / Ryan Kesler / Kyle Palmieri

Patrick Maroon / Andrew Cogliano / Jakob Silfverberg

Dany Heatley / Nate Thompson / Devante Smith-Pelly

Rickard Rakell-C / Tim Jackman-W

DEFENSEMEN

Cam Fowler / Francois Beauchemin

Bryan Allen / Hampus Lindholm

Clayton Stoner / Mark Fistric

Sami Vatanen

GOALTENDERS

Frederik Andersen

John Gibson

The Ducks have a ton of size, youth and cap space. The Ducks may be missing the "Burrows-factor" (i.e., the "clutch" playing Burrows provided a few years ago, some experience, agitation). Do you think Burrows is willing to waive his NTC to play for the Ducks for a chance to play for the Stanley Cup and re-unite with his pal Kesler?

If yes, what do you think we could get for him from the Ducks? Methinks we could pry Nate Thompson, a Gregory Campbell-like fourth line center who I would think is JB's type of player, and a 3rd/4th round draft pick. Added benefit to us would be that we shed a $4.5M cap hit, create space for one of the younger players to sink or swim up front (perhaps Jensen is ready to assume 2nd line LW duties), while allowing Gaunce/Horvat/Shikaruk to develop organically (that's a TL word).

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / Radim Vrbata -- 1st PP unit

Nicklas Jensen / Nick Bonino / Zack Kassian -- 2nd PP unit

Chris Higgins / Shawn Matthias / Linden Vey -- Higgins/Matthias capable of handling PK

Brad Richardson / Nate Thompson / Derek Dorsett -- all three capable of handling PK

Jannik Hansen -- capable of handling PK

5 forwards > 200 lbs.; 8 forwards >/= 6'1"; fast.

Thoughts?

Sami Vatenen is not a 7th D he's now a top 4. Stoner is and Bryan Allen is on the bottom pairing.

Although i agree on not living in the past, but Burrows as well as half the Canucks team were injured or already playing injured due to torts system. Now, Yes burrows did play with the sedins, but he did also create his own offence by himself too.

and yes he was injured for 75% of last season, doesn't mean that we should trade him. He's our clutch player and did come through for us in a few games last year.

Also, if things dont work out with Vrbata and the sedins, burrows can still be plan B, if not then he could do 2nd line duty with higgins and a youngster

Although i agree on not living in the past, but Burrows as well as half the Canucks team were injured or already playing injured due to torts system. Now, Yes burrows did play with the sedins, but he did also create his own offence by himself too.

and yes he was injured for 75% of last season, doesn't mean that we should trade him. He's our clutch player and did come through for us in a few games last year.

Also, if things dont work out with Vrbata and the sedins, burrows can still be plan B, if not then he could do 2nd line duty with higgins and a youngster

The first video almost made me shed a tear lol.

People expect Burrows to be a 30 goal scorer again. That is setting your expectations way too high. I expect 15-20 from him, but he has to play like how he used to be truly effective on the ice.

15-20 would be terrific. The focus should be elsewhere though. Unfortunately Burrows probably won't play long enough to have a direct impact on our team.

Sentimentality ... not good for sports

Bottom line - NTC

How about them plums?

NTC ... BS for a good manager or two who are already redefining the team in a proper fashion. No spoiled millionaires in my club, thanks and bye bye.

NTC ... BS for a good manager or two who are already redefining the team in a proper fashion. No spoiled millionaires in my club, thanks and bye bye.

There was supposedly an offer for Burrows prior to the draft and he reportedly declined to waive his NTC. The fact he is still here would indicate an NTC is not simply BS.

Hard to dislike Burr for what he he has accomplished.

Everyone gets a pass from the Gillis implosion and the player revulsion for Tootsie.

The fact that he turned down the offer to move and that he is a proud warrior makes this year interesting if you like Burr,as I do.

He is going to have to be up for the Benning challenge-and I am hoping he is going to have a great year.

There was supposedly an offer for Burrows prior to the draft and he reportedly declined to waive his NTC. The fact he is still here would indicate an NTC is not simply BS.

Yeah you're totally wong but you're a teacher so I say no more. At the end of the day we're stuck with a winger who has lost his love mate in Kes and he's going to produce 26 points if he's lucky

Just cause a guy caught an ill advised clearance and won lesser hearts doesn't mean he's infallible. Especially when he more importantly amost blew it in the last minute of regular time because he's a greedy mofo.

But I digress, the un-educated will contine to blast their horn.

I'm not a Burrows fan nor do I hate him but... he did have a VERY unlucky season. People say his stats were inflated because of all those years playing with the twins, which is true, but wouldn't everyones be inflated? Fact of the matter is the inflated points thing has two sides to it. You still need to shoot the puck in the net, have to be in a position to score, and need to pass the puck at the right time. IMO even if you wanted to trade him he has no real value right now, you could make the case in trade discussions that he is bound to have a bounce back year but how much he bounces back is the biggest question. Also he has a ntc so the nucks would have no leverage whatsoever because he could veto the whole thing.

Archived