The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's your Favourite Canucks Prospect?

Hunter_74

My definite favorite is Shinkaruk. I was watching the draft with a friend and when we traded Cory for that 9th pick, I was praying we grab Shinkaruk and my friend got so mad at me because I obnoxiously yelled Shinkaruk over and over until we made the pick. I was intrigued by Horvat but so unhappy we missed on Shink. Then of course teams slowly started to pass on him more and more, and it got closer to our next pick and when he was still on the board the second Washington announced Burakovsky, I just knew we were taking Shink, and I turned to my friend and high fived him in excitement that we were going to take Shink.

After Shinkaruk I would say Hutton, Jensen, Virtanen, and Cassels probably round out my top 5. I do really like Horvat and Gaunce a lot too, but we have so many prospects I really like and it's really hard to make a list.

What exactly is it about Virtanen's skill set that makes you think he's exactly what we need?

The impression i've gotten is that he's a finisher. And unless he can do it on his own (Like Bure) It takes a lot of players doing a lot of good things for a finisher to be successful.

And yes, I know he's big, but so is Sestito. Any review of his style beyond that would interest me.

I think the kids got that all star swagger in him.. It's not that he's just a bit bigger and plays with an edge scoring goals, he's scoring with an unbelievable release. He's got a shot that looks better than IMO 85% of the nhl if not more, check it out for yourself on YouTube.

Can his head catch up to nhl speed? maybe, maybe not. You never know with these kids. One thing that's going for him is if he is a guy that really fulfills his potential, he's got the tools to not only be a top six guy, but an all star winger.

Gaunce upon a time a Ceder Tree Cassel held by a Hunter and Fox is protected by his trusted friend the Thatcher. Every December Saint Nicklas comes to the Cassel with presents wrapped in Bo's. A long path leads the Vey to the Jake which everyone skates on in the winter time when the Lack of warm air creates ice.

On long winter days the Hunter and Fox travel into the snow in search of the Kassquatch, a mythical beast known for being dangerous when confronted with ice, but lives mostly in peace and tranquility. The morning light Shawn onto the friends as they wait to fight the Bear that has bothered their home for the last 3 years in spring. The watchful eye of a Hawk and the current King of the domain wait for there opportunity to interfere with their plans.

Thatcher keeps the Cassel in good Nick, while being quite Frank with his friends. McCann they come together to defeat the Bear, the Hawk and the King to become rulers of this icy world? They may need the help of a far away man who has spent the last few years in his Hutton.

A pair of Swedish twins has offered to guide them.

If you read this, well then you know what it's like to be as bored as me when I wrote it.

Gaunce upon a time a Ceder Tree Cassel held by a Hunter and Fox is protected by his trusted friend the Thatcher. Every December Saint Nicklas comes to the Cassel with presents wrapped in Bo's. A long path leads the Vey to the Jake which everyone skates on in the winter time when the Lack of warm air creates ice.

On long winter days the Hunter and Fox travel into the snow in search of the Kassquatch, a mythical beast known for being dangerous when confronted with ice, but lives mostly in peace and tranquility. The morning light Shawn onto the friends as they wait to fight the Bear that has bothered their home for the last 3 years in spring. The watchful eye of a Hawk and the current King of the domain wait for there opportunity to interfere with their plans.

Thatcher keeps the Cassel in good Nick, while being quite Frank with his friends. McCann they come together to defeat the Bear, the Hawk and the King to become rulers of this icy world? They may need the help of a far away man who has spent the last few years in his Hutton.

A pair of Swedish twins has offered to guide them.

If you read this, well then you know what it's like to be as bored as me when I wrote it.

and possibly intoxicated as well☺

Archived