The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's your Favourite Canucks Prospect?

Hunter_74

Nearly 2 pages before McCann was mentioned.

He gets my vote for having the potential to be the thing we will need very badly in the not too distant future,

"a 200 ft., go fight for the puck, make a play a through the neutral zone and get someone in a position to score" type center.

I know we are al hoping thats' Horvat as well, but if his skating is an issue, then making it to the top 6 will be difficult,

Still not entirely sure what kind of a game Virtanen plays, and whether he helps the transition game much, or he just uses his size to and hands to finish off plays that were made by others. But make no mistake that's what we need, and I think McCann might be the closest thing too it. Also very excited to see what Vey can do.

Also, I'm quite please with the fact that although we were totally robbed on the Kessler deal, we may have ended up with a player who can replace Kes's skill set (In the future)

Virtanen is exactly what this team needs, and I loved what Shinkaruk did in training camp. I don't see what people who were complaining about his compete level were talking about it. Tough to pick between those 2.

Virtanen is exactly what this team needs, and I loved what Shinkaruk did in training camp. I don't see what people who were complaining about his compete level were talking about it. Tough to pick between those 2.

What exactly is it about Virtanen's skill set that makes you think he's exactly what we need?

The impression i've gotten is that he's a finisher. And unless he can do it on his own (Like Bure) It takes a lot of players doing a lot of good things for a finisher to be successful.

And yes, I know he's big, but so is Sestito. Any review of his style beyond that would interest me.

Wouldn't it be something if Lain turns out to be our version of Brian Boyle or Paul Gaustad? Or is that wishful thinking?

That would be awesome if he did become another Gaustad.

I don't think it's wishful thinking, if Lain keeps improving he'll get there sooner or later.

Archived