The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I confess -

Maybe I am a stickler for professionalism at businesses who deal with the public.

I was at the cable company yesterday returning a box, and was waiting for 5 minutes un-noticed.  Then an associate yells across the room while with another customer "I'll be right there."  I didn't see the professionalism in that...

Then today I went to the bank to cancel my dad's bank account.  I had called their customer service yesterday and explained that my father had passed away and what did I need to do to cancel the account.  They put me on hold and came back on the line and explained I needed a piece of I.D. to verify who I was and a death certificate. 

I went to the bank today at 5:50pm, the bank closed at 6pm.  One of the tellers went to get the bank manager, and the bank manager greets me while wearing shorts and a t shirt, no suit.  I thought he was one of the customers at first.  I could care less if he was leaving in 10-20 minutes.  I didn't feel it was professional to be wearing that especially when he was a bank manager.  I explain that my father passed away and that the account needed to be closed.  He explained he couldn't close the account.  I asked why, and that I called customer service and they advised me what I needed to bring.  He advised that my dad was the sole account owner, and I needed legal proof that the account needed to be closed.  After further explaining, he finally agreed to close it.  Then I brought up the letter I received yesterday from the bank regarding my account.  That a bag with deposits, account numbers with account names and addresses had been lost.  This incident happened on January 14th, and they sent out a letter about it dated February 19th that I was affected by this.  I went over it with customer service yesterday about how concerning this was, and why it took the bank so long to contact me about this. They explained that the bag is still lost and did not have any updates, and they don't believe any accounts affected by this are in danger, but did not tell me why it took them all this time to send me a letter about this.  Since this happened at the branch I was at today closing my dad's account, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to bring it up to the bank manager since it was his branch and he probably knew more about this.  He looks at the letter, and tells me how it was UPS' fault, that they pick up the bags each night and they are the ones that lost it, and left it at that, and did not answer my question about why it took them from January 14th to February 19th to send a letter advising me of the incident.  He brushed it off.  Well news to them.  I have another bank account with another bank which deposits will now be going to them, and once everything is transferred to that bank including bills that take money out of my account, they will be cancelled, and I was be so glad to explain why. 

I don't like turbulence when flying, but I don't really feel it after having a few drinks.  I am flying from Seattle to Vancouver on Sunday, and looked at the weather report.  There might be some turbulence, and I am not a morning drinker.  I don't know how that would go if I was drunk passing thru customs at YVR.  Hmm, oh wait, I've been drunk passing thru customs at YVR, but that was in the evening, and drinking started at SeaTac and drinking continued at a restaurant in Vancouver. It was just a drinking evening. 

And what was embarrassing once when flying up to Vancouver back in December.  I got so freaked out during the flight due to turbulence.  That a flight attendant had to sit beside me twice during the flight, and it was a 35 minute flight.  The plane was really bumpy and when landing it kept going from side to side.

8 minutes ago, brilac said:

I don't like turbulence when flying, but I don't really feel it after having a few drinks.  I am flying from Seattle to Vancouver on Sunday, and looked at the weather report.  There might be some turbulence, and I am not a morning drinker.  I don't know how that would go if I was drunk passing thru customs at YVR.  Hmm, oh wait, I've been drunk passing thru customs at YVR, but that was in the evening, and drinking started at SeaTac and drinking continued at a restaurant in Vancouver. It was just a drinking evening. 

And what was embarrassing once when flying up to Vancouver back in December.  I got so freaked out during the flight due to turbulence.  That a flight attendant had to sit beside me twice during the flight, and it was a 35 minute flight.  The plane was really bumpy and when landing it kept going from side to side.

I don't know how much you fly but if it's not a lot be thankful you don't average more than 10 hours of flying per month. Not that it's a lot, it's more than I enjoy.

Some of the turbulence I have hit has been intense. I don't envy the pilots/flight attendants I know. 

I am not sure if anyone else has had to deal with EI but the whole process is very very VERY frustrating. I am trying to get my claimed switched from Mat leave to Regular EI. The process to switch my claim will take 3 weeks and I can't access work BC services until I am on Regular EI.  I can't work in the field I am trained to work (childcare)  so I need to be re-trained which means I can't look for work until I am able to access work BC. The EI case worker I saw today said my doctors note (regarding re-training) may not be enough as it doesn't have a return to work date on it. So now I am going have to go to the doctors office and get another note but I can't do that till my claim is switched but they may not switch my claim without it. :angry: The case worker pretty much told me just to wait till my Mat leave is up which isn't till April 27th.. I do not want to wait because I am medically cleared to try for another baby now. If we get pregnant right away I will need 600 hours to get mat leave again and the job I am thinking of switching to may include going back to school for 6 months. So the sooner we get me to see Work BC the better but EI is making it way to hard. Its very overwhelming and I just want to sit on the floor and cry and say screw it all and just cave and wait till my Mat leave is up.

Edited by AppleJack
On 2/21/2016 at 8:10 PM, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Is there a MLP picture/gif for just about every scenario or does it only seem that way?

You have no idea. ;)

On 2/21/2016 at 6:42 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

oh and i've seen apples naked, this may be board suicide

NSFW******

Reveal hidden contents

apple-peel.jpg

Not exactly sure what I was expecting when I clicked that link.

On 2/21/2016 at 8:09 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'll be waiting~

vq02rq.jpg

Kinky.

Went to the gym and when signing in, a woman at the front asked how I was doing today. I had earbuds in, so I pretended like I couldn't hear her and just smiled. But then for some stupid reason I decided that I should reply. 5 whole seconds after some awkward eye contact, I yelled FINE really loud. 

Never making eye contact with her again. That sucks too because she was pretty hot. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Went to the gym and when signing in, a woman at the front asked how I was doing today. I had earbuds in, so I pretended like I couldn't hear her and just smiled. But then for some stupid reason I decided that I should reply. 5 whole seconds after some awkward eye contact, I yelled FINE really loud. 

Never making eye contact with her again. That sucks too because she was pretty hot. 

Never give up.

If I had a nickel for every girl I inappropriatley yelled at, I'd have waaaaaaay more nickels than any of those girls I inappropriately yelled at...plus, now I can afford to buy them dinner.

• Upvote 1
On February 25, 2016 at 2:06 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

i never came through the airport drunk but i did get drunk at the movie theatre with a friend when the first trailer park boys movie came out, after a friend and i smuggled a bunch of beer in our bags >__>

You should hear the sounds at the Squamish theatre at the end of the movie lol.

so obvious. Nobody cares.

On March 4, 2016 at 0:53 AM, Jiggs50 said:

When in doubt my friend, just stammer and tell her that she has a nice face.

• Upvote 1