The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, c00kies said:

I work full-time 8-4, but I want to pick up a second job so that I have less alone time. Weekends drag and I feel like I have nobody to do anything with aside from family. I used to be close to a couple of people, but I'm not anymore (plus I didn't like the way I was getting treated by the person I felt closest to) and I always run out of things to do by myself (I do workout and have focused on adding to it). Part of me wants to hit the restart button, but I would want to move out of my house and move to truly leave my past behind, as it seems I regret every single move I make and have ever made. I've gone through life pretty much all alone, and although I'd like to think it makes me stronger, I think it makes me realize how alone I truly am and how little I have to fight for right now. I want to matter and be important in someone's life, but I feel like a minor character in many lives and always feel and end up replaceable. I can't remember the last time I hung out with someone one-on-one just for fun.

I work alone.  So one thing I found that has helped me get out of the house after work is the Victoria Sport and Social Club.

It's a recreation and social league.  They bill it as recess for adults.  I play in the floor hockey league.  I signed up as an individual and they put my on a team with other individuals.  We all became good friends and now we play together as a regular team.  They also have leagues for volleyball, dodgeball, basketball and soccer.  In the summer they add on softball, soccer and flag football.  It has made Monday night my favourite night of the week.

• Upvote 2

A few years ago, I intentionally overdosed on Tylenol, taking 30+ extra strength tablets, and had to be hospitalized and administered the antidote through IV. When that was over (after like 12+ hrs, can't really remember), they had me see psychiatry, and I was assessed first by a medical student/resident. He asked me why I took so much Tylenol, and I said I misread the instructions on the label, laughing, and the guy bursts out, too--like legit couldn't contain his laughter and thought it was the funniest $&!# ever. I only saw him that one time for like 10 mins, but he's still the best doctor I've ever had LOL

• Like 1

there is something to the saying, marriage the second time around is better. if in your first union you make all the mistakes, and we do, we can change our way about things, the second time around. a second chance. you may have discovered this with still the chance of another chance with your first lady. 

there is no training manuals on how to be best friends. with us it is usually trial and error. 

my advice to you from 42 years, married to the same women is:

talk to your spouse about what they want and what you want out of the union.

make a pact that you will both share your concerns and joys.

don’t be afraid to tell her you love her, often.

plan a date night at least once a month, every 2 weeks is better.

remember, marriages takes work and compremises.

good luck to you both.

Edited by smithers joe
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

there is something to the saying, marriage the second time around is better. if in your first union you make all the mistakes, and we do, we can change our way about things, the second time around. a second chance. you may have discovered this with still the chance of another chance with your first lady. 

there is no training manuals on how to be best friends. with us it is usually trial and error. 

my advice to you from 42 years, married to the same women is:

talk to your spouse about what they want and what you want out of the union.

make a pact that you will both share your concerns and joys.

don’t be afraid to tell her you love her, often.

plan a date night at least once a month, every 2 weeks is better.

remember, marriages takes work and compremises.

good luck to you both.

Thanks, Joe.

It's been tough but we both want to make things work, which is awesome. The hard part for me is really wanting to BELIEVE everything is good. I get in my own head and think maybe she is just telling me things I want to hear? which I guess would be pretty evil and she isn't a bad person, I just have trust and confidence issues, I suppose.

Ya, I see a therapist as well and she had mentioned that finding out what your partner wants from you in a marriage is huge, that it is a totally normal question to ask. That information was mind-blowing for me, I just thought stuff like that was assumed but just that little conversation can go a long way.

3 weeks ago there were a few hours of packing stuff up and potentially splitting, I felt that complete loss of someone I love so much, that was hard and don't want to go through it again!

My best friend had a bumpy ride with his dad growing up. They have figured out a bit of a relationship now that my friend is in his 40's.

For a big part of my friends life he worked with a man that became a sort of a mentor to him.

Today that man is ending his life with a medically assisted death. It's Pancreatic Cancer.

He reached out to my best friend and asked if he could be the one to be there to tell the Dr's to go ahead ( I'm not sure how it works). This mentor of my friend didn't know if any of his direct family could handle it.

When I was losing my father to ALS a few years ago, my friend sent me a clip from a movie that he said reminded him of my dad, brother and I. It helped give me strength. 

He sent me a text saying he has the same movie clip on loop as he heads to the hospital today.

Only now have I realised that he saw this man as not just a mentor but also a father figure. 

I wish I could step in for him and take his pain but I can't, he walks this one alone. I am so sad and angry at this mortal coil today, my heart is breaking for him.

I wonder if he knows just how much I look up to him after all these decades of friendship.

• Like 2
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, goalie13 said:

I prefer the People's Court.  Judge Milian actually lets the litigants plead their case and explains the law.  Judge Judy just shuts everything down and makes a decision.

Aren't they all fake lol?

10 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I don't know about fake, but the People's Court does pay the litigants an appearance fee, so there's nothing really on the line for them.

Is Judge Judy a Real Court? Top 3 'Secrets' of TV Judge Shows

By Andrew Chow, Esq. on January 9, 2012 3:04 AM

Lights... camera... legal action! If you want to sue someone but don't want a long, drawn-out court battle, there's another legal channel to turn to: Take your case to "Judge Judy."

But is "Judge Judy" for real? As the announcer says at the beginning of each episode, "The cases are real. The people are real. The rulings are final." In reality, though, it's a bit more complicated.

Here are some behind-the-bench "secrets" of "Judge Judy" and other TV judge shows that you may not have known:

1. The cases are real -- but the proceeding is an arbitration.

Though Judge Judith Sheindlin once presided in a New York courtroom, her role on TV is technically that of an arbitrator, The Consumerist website reports. This goes for other TV judges as well.

An arbitration involves submitting a dispute to an impartial person for a final, binding decision. It's supposed to be a cheaper, quicker way to resolve disputes than going to court.

Both parties to a case must agree to arbitrate their claims, and must also sign off on the rules of the arbitration. But keep in mind that in general, arbitration awards cannot be appealed.

2. The people are real -- but they don't have to pay.

In general, "Judge Judy" and other TV judge shows handle cases that would otherwise be heard in small-claims court. That limits the amount of money at issue in a dispute; for "Judge Judy" litigants, the maximum award is $5,000, according to eHow.com.

Regardless of the outcomes on "Judge Judy," both parties to a case emerge as winners. That's because the show pays for the arbitration award, along with the litigants' airfare and hotel expenses. For most "Judge Judy" litigants, that adds up to a free trip to Los Angeles.

3. The rulings are final -- but some have been overturned.

As a general rule, arbitration awards cannot be appealed. But there have been a few cases in which TV judge rulings have been overturned, The New York Times reports.

For example, a New York family court in 1999 overruled part of a "Judge Judy" decision because it went beyond the scope of the arbitration, the New York Law Journal reports. The parties in that case had agreed to arbitrate a dispute over personal property -- but Judge Judy's ruling also granted child custody and visitation rights.

One final word of caution: Appearing on a TV judge show like "Judge Judy" involves signing off on a lot of legal fine-print. You may want to consult an attorney to make sure your rights are protected before you pursue your 15 minutes of fame.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/celebrity_justice/2012/01/is-judge-judy-a-real-court-top-3-secrets-of-tv-judge-shows.html

I guess it's not fake but seems kind of pointless unless you want to be on tv.  I just like the one dude that kept calling her sir.

Edited by Tre Mac

a friend of mine a few years ago, after 25 years of marriage asked his wife if she was satisfied with married life? he owns a butcher shop that consumed a lot of his time and attention. he was expecting her to say their lives together had been great. but she said to be honest, he had spent too much time at work and too little time on the marriage.

he was deeply hurt, but he changed his priorities and won his wife’s heart back. i probably wouldn’t have the nerve to have asked my wife that. we don’t want to know the truth, sometimes.

• Cheers 1

I am not sure how many of you have seen the 2nd trailer to pet semetary remake and now know of the big major plot change they did from the book. I am very conflicted about this change. On one hand I think it kind of makes the whole premise scarier (cause they can do more evil creepy stuff) on the other hand as a Stephen King purist I am not happy with them not faithfully adapting the book and this is a MAJOR change.

Ts and I will still go see it as it looks amazing and its based off  of one of the scariest King novels.

Also Church the Cat looks so good.

Screenshot_20190310-072851_Chrome.jpg

Edited by AppleJack
On 3/5/2019 at 11:34 PM, 112 said:

A few years ago, I intentionally overdosed on Tylenol, taking 30+ extra strength tablets, and had to be hospitalized and administered the antidote through IV. When that was over (after like 12+ hrs, can't really remember), they had me see psychiatry, and I was assessed first by a medical student/resident. He asked me why I took so much Tylenol, and I said I misread the instructions on the label, laughing, and the guy bursts out, too--like legit couldn't contain his laughter and thought it was the funniest $&!# ever. I only saw him that one time for like 10 mins, but he's still the best doctor I've ever had LOL

at least that's more believable than being hospitalized for, and being addicted to fentanyl ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I pretty much watched BBC Earth all weekend, it was a free preview.  I get sad when they follow a family of whatever animals and half don't make it.  Last night it was a Pride of Lions, out of 10 at the start it gets dwindled down to 2(including a part were they get poisoned, wtf?) then at the end the matriarch was able to give birth to two cubs, yay. 

• Like 1

the company I work for got taken over in November, no immediate layoffs but they haven't ruled it out until integration is complete. That was supposed to be the end of this month, now it's been pushed back to June. Everything is up in the air, it's a terrible feeling.

So today I was walking to the bus stop on my way to work, and I saw that really handsome guy I wrote about a few months ago drive by, the one who we talked while I was getting  my nachos.  He did not see me, but I saw him, and I was like - if that guy is single, I am going to get a date with him.  

I confess ~

I was bored, so I went on a candy run.  I bought the Green Tea Kit Kat bars, 2-boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts, and chocolate covered almonds.  I really like those Green Tea Kit Kat bars.

Edited by brilac