The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 11:44 PM, brilac said:

So today I was walking to the bus stop on my way to work, and I saw that really handsome guy I wrote about a few months ago drive by, the one who we talked while I was getting  my nachos.  He did not see me, but I saw him, and I was like - if that guy is single, I am going to get a date with him.  

So I stumbled upon this thread and have read thru it and love it- I feel closer to my fellow CDCers - so as a man who has went thru a divorce and is soon to hit his 50th birthday I have one bit of advice for you and anyone else with a story similar to yours. I have had a scenarios sort of like the one I highlighted of yours ( mine was a girl I had a huge crush on in elementary school) I never acted on it and much later in life found out she had a crush on me. But of course life had moved on and she had found someone elseand even to this day I regret it and always wonder what if. My advice is go for it and ask - worst thing that happens is he says no and your life goes on - BUT IF he says yes no matter what at least you won't spend the rest of your life saying "What if" 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

to be honest when i first started this thread it was mostly meant for comedy and not really meant to be taken seriously, but it soon exploded to people actually sharing personal thoughts and feelings, heartbreaks and truimph (i've shared a few of my own) and i think that's just so cool. i didn't think that, nearly 5 years ago, we;d still be sharing things in 2019+ but here we are. im a proud mama

ya dun good 

• Like 1

I found $20 the other day after randomly having a discussion with someone about finding money a day or two before.

Should I consider this karmic reward? Did I unconsciously cast a spell in saying 'I think everyone finds a 20 or two, likely more, in their life'? Was it fortune? Chance?

... Fortune in chance?

We may never know.

Edited by 112
On 4/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, MikeBossy said:

So I stumbled upon this thread and have read thru it and love it- I feel closer to my fellow CDCers - so as a man who has went thru a divorce and is soon to hit his 50th birthday I have one bit of advice for you and anyone else with a story similar to yours. I have had a scenarios sort of like the one I highlighted of yours ( mine was a girl I had a huge crush on in elementary school) I never acted on it and much later in life found out she had a crush on me. But of course life had moved on and she had found someone elseand even to this day I regret it and always wonder what if. My advice is go for it and ask - worst thing that happens is he says no and your life goes on - BUT IF he says yes no matter what at least you won't spend the rest of your life saying "What if" 

That is so true, I have even asked some of my buddies if they ever had that one that 'got away'

I have the same thing with a girl I went to high school with, I just found her so incredibly attractive (She still is) and was way out of my league at the time. About 10 years ago when I was in the Army, we randomly started chatting, she even admitted she thought I was one of the good ones and was surprised I never made a move. Sort of kick myself for that one, but still...a guy always wonders!

On 4/23/2019 at 3:41 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

to be honest when i first started this thread it was mostly meant for comedy and not really meant to be taken seriously, but it soon exploded to people actually sharing personal thoughts and feelings, heartbreaks and truimph (i've shared a few of my own) and i think that's just so cool. i didn't think that, nearly 5 years ago, we;d still be sharing things in 2019+ but here we are. im a proud mama

Oh, totally...I never talked about real life issues, just made jokes in hopes of suppressing them and giving off the vibe that I was always 'OK' which wasn't ever really the case.

It's a great thread to come down and type out thoughts or things that are a jumbled mess in your head...We have all lived such different lives and I feel people here are just as qualified as any to at least give advice that pertains to their personal experiences.

Great thread, TS! haha

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
13 hours ago, 112 said:

I found $20 the other day after randomly having a discussion with someone about finding money a day or two before.

Should I consider this karmic reward? Did I unconsciously cast a spell in saying 'I think everyone finds a 20 or two, likely more, in their life'? Was it fortune? Chance?

... Fortune in chance?

We may never know.

I was at a bar with two buddies and I found a wallet full of cash, no hesitation I gave it to the bartender(whether it reached the original owner idk).  Literally the next day I am down at the beach and I found Bose Sound Link Mini.  I look around and no one is down there so I turned it on, it worked.  I then bluetoothed to my phone and I use it everyday at work now, I believe that was my reward.  Funny thing is it was left on the tracks 20min away from sheer destruction, no idea why someone would throw it away, it works perfectly fine.  Even got a co-worker to bring in an old adapter to charge it.

I've found so much coin throughout my life.  $100 US at a Canucks game when I was ten, we were getting ready to leave and I saw this green bill in the corner by the washrooms in the old PNE forum, $60 outside my work place, found a wedding ring on the floor at Wendy's, twice been to an ATM with someone's card in it ready for next transaction.  The money on the ground I kept but the ring and bankcards I did the right thing.  

Do you think the last generation of humans will know that they are the last?

Hawking thought we have 100 years left. 

Will the last generation think reports about impending doom are Fake News and be caught off guard before they can say goodbye to their loved ones?

Will they even twig when the dolphins sing 'So long and thanks for all the fish'?

Edited by bishopshodan
On 4/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, Tre Mac said:

I was at a bar with two buddies and I found a wallet full of cash, no hesitation I gave it to the bartender(whether it reached the original owner idk).  Literally the next day I am down at the beach and I found Bose Sound Link Mini.  I look around and no one is down there so I turned it on, it worked.  I then bluetoothed to my phone and I use it everyday at work now, I believe that was my reward.  Funny thing is it was left on the tracks 20min away from sheer destruction, no idea why someone would throw it away, it works perfectly fine.  Even got a co-worker to bring in an old adapter to charge it.

I've found so much coin throughout my life.  $100 US at a Canucks game when I was ten, we were getting ready to leave and I saw this green bill in the corner by the washrooms in the old PNE forum, $60 outside my work place, found a wedding ring on the floor at Wendy's, twice been to an ATM with someone's card in it ready for next transaction.  The money on the ground I kept but the ring and bankcards I did the right thing.  

Pawned the ring, and ditched the cards?

Joooooooookes

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you think the last generation of humans will know that they are the last?

Hawking thought we have 100 years left. 

Will the last generation think reports about impending doom are Fake News and be caught off guard before they can say goodbye to their loved ones?

Will they even twig when the dolphins sing 'So long and thanks for all the fish'?

Does extinction commonly have a "final generation", or is it more often a trickle that occurs over several generations?

Why wouldn't the dolphins sing 'So long, and &^@# you for all the tuna nets'?

I confess ~

I am addicted to the Seattle Goodwill in South Lake Union!  The have the most quality stuff there.  I went there yesterday, and I bought a pair of AG jeans like new for $24.95 and 2 dresses, and I went there today, and I bought tops and a skirt.  And I was into the sewing machine they had as well as karaoke machine.  They also had other high end jeans there, but they were not in my size.  And they had two bar stools I really wanted, but there were too heavy to pack on the bus, and as I look around my apartment, I don't have anywhere to put them, but I really want them, but I don't like extra furniture in my apartment.  This store is so much better than the second hand clothing stores on Capitol Hill and in the U-District, and you can find the same type of clothing there as you would buy new. 

15 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Does extinction commonly have a "final generation", or is it more often a trickle that occurs over several generations?

I dunno, I can't remember...

but if it is a trickle then I suppose the final generation will know. That's good.

15 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Why wouldn't the dolphins sing 'So long, and &^@# you for all the tuna nets'?

They might but that's the tuna fishes main jam. It has been top of their charts for years. 

Dolphins have more of a show tune vibe...they can't bring themselves to curse in their tunes. 

• Like 1