The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How would you make your perfect sandwich?

zombieksa

So I had an interview today with a large corporation and during the interview process they asked some unorthodox questions. I understand they ask these questions to see how you act under pressure, how well you speak, and other factors like multitasking and organization.

The one question that stood out was "step by step, how would you make your perfect sandwich?"

So my question to you is the exact same. This may give me some ideas for dinner tonight. :)

As far as how i would answer the question in the interview I would say:

"First, I get this job based on my qualifications, personality, and how great I answered this question.

Second, I put in some hard work performing the job to the best of my ability and impressions everyone as I picked it up almost instantly and became proficient in the fastest amount of time you've ever seen.

Third, I get my first paycheck direct deposited into my account and upon receipt of the funds I drive down to the local organic market slash deli slash bakery and pick up the following ingredients:

roast beef
bacon
chicken breast
turkey pastrami
black forest ham
Lamb Salami
cave aged Gouda
extra sharp white cheddar
brie
horseradish spread
rye bread.

Fourth, I drive back home and unpack my groceries.

Fifth, I take the Rye bread, cut two slices of bread from the middle of the loaf (ensuring the loaf does not stale faster than necessary by making the two halves match in size) and toast it until slightly crunchy on the outside, but still chewy on the inside.

Sixth, I fry up 4 pieces of bacon until perfectly crispy

seventh, I spread the creamy interior of the brie on one slice of bread, and a single dollop of horseradish spread on the other slice of bread.

Eighth, I place the bacon and two slices of each of the meats on the brie slathered piece of bread.

ninth, I place two slices of each of the remaining cheese on the horseradish slathered piece of bread, and then inver that slice and place it on top of the stack of meat on top of the slice of bread slathered with brie.

Tenth, I consume with a perfectly chilled porter firmly poured into a beer snifter to activate a foamy head and release the aromas.

Eleventh, I sit and digest my glorious meal while i contemplate how to enhance my work experience and how to make this company even more profitable and where we can cut expenses."

Well interviewer, since you are now telling me to make a sandwich for you and not asking, I'm assuming this job I'm interviewing for is for Subway. Pass.

It is an industrial electrical manufacturer/distributor business and I would be working in corporate marketing actually. But I acknowledge the joke.

well well well, aren't we fancy?

They said maybe 20% of the interviewees to this point said wash their hands. I thought it was clever and maybe a bit fancy, sue me.

Hope you guys like this topic, I think it is fun.

Also, your sandwich sound delicious.

As far as how i would answer the question in the interview I would say:

"First, I get this job based on my qualifications, personality, and how great I answered this question.

Second, I put in some hard work performing the job to the best of my ability and impressions everyone as I picked it up almost instantly and became proficient in the fastest amount of time you've ever seen.

Third, I get my first paycheck direct deposited into my account and upon receipt of the funds I drive down to the local organic market slash deli slash bakery and pick up the following ingredients:

roast beef

bacon

chicken breast

turkey pastrami

black forest ham

Lamb Salami

cave aged Gouda

extra sharp white cheddar

brie

horseradish spread

rye bread.

Fourth, I drive back home and unpack my groceries.

Fifth, I take the Rye bread, cut two slices of bread from the middle of the loaf (ensuring the loaf does not stale faster than necessary by making the two halves match in size) and toast it until slightly crunchy on the outside, but still chewy on the inside.

Sixth, I fry up 4 pieces of bacon until perfectly crispy

seventh, I spread the creamy interior of the brie on one slice of bread, and a single dollop of horseradish spread on the other slice of bread.

Eighth, I place the bacon and two slices of each of the meats on the brie slathered piece of bread.

ninth, I place two slices of each of the remaining cheese on the horseradish slathered piece of bread, and then inver that slice and place it on top of the stack of meat on top of the slice of bread slathered with brie.

Tenth, I consume with a perfectly chilled porter firmly poured into a beer snifter to activate a foamy head and release the aromas.

Eleventh, I sit and digest my glorious meal while i contemplate how to enhance my work experience and how to make this company even more profitable and where we can cut expenses."

Is the position you're interviewing for 'ass-kissing ego felater'? :P

Archived