The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) - Jacob Markstrom

Outsiders

Yeah, I got that part - but who are all these lost assets?

I think if you looked around, you'd see that one lost asset alone - a guy like Stastny walking away from Colorado - is more than the sum of all the 'losses' around here.

When you add the three goaltenders remaining (free agents) and a third of the top 6 - Tanev (FA) and Stanton (waivers) - the losses don't really add up to "no team has lost more".

You're welcome to "bitch" all you want - but Markstrom hasn't even been lost yet.

since game 7 2011

*not counting all fa signings and trades just assets

Out

Kesler

Luongo

connauton

Schneider

Hodgson

2013 2nd

Erhoff

2011 2nd

Garrison

Torres

Roy

Markstrom (if he get claimed)

In

Vey

Kassian

Bonino

Sbisa

McCann

Matthias

Markstrom (if he clears)

Miller

Vrbata

horvat

You tell me what group you'd rather have.

This should serve as notice that we should no longer deal with Florida.EVER.

Mattias who is a redundant and lacking grit in the bottom six & an overhyped Markstrom and a small cap hit for the next few years for Luongo..... clearly the team needed some youth Dmen (why not trade for one of their defensemen; even a high pick?)

WHAT WAS GILLIS THINKING?!??!

Shows Markstrom had no value, even in a trade. Terrible deal.

Yea, Gilly def passed up flas offer of gudbranson and their 2014 1st overall pick in favor of Matthias and markstrom...

since game 7 2011

*not counting all fa signings and trades just assets

Out

Kesler

Luongo

connauton

Schneider

Hodgson

2013 2nd

Erhoff

2011 2nd

Garrison

Torres

Roy

Markstrom (if he get claimed)

In

Vey

Kassian

Bonino

Sbisa

McCann

Matthias

Markstrom (if he clears)

Miller

Vrbata

You tell me what group you'd rather have.

Horvat?

Also, Connauton was traded for Roy....

AND, really, you can't compare the super team we had in 2011 with our team now. For one, that team was way over cap...

Horvat?

Also, Connauton was traded for Roy....

AND, really, you can't compare the super team we had in 2011 with our team now. For one, that team was way over cap...

this is simply just in and outs. Lost assets and gained. Connauton was traded for Roy so we lost him. Gaining Roy. Then we lost Roy. So that trade now looks like connauton 2nd Roy for a high five.

And sorry ya forgot to add bo.

Derp

Also not claiming that the 2011 team could have been retained. Just showing what we have lost since 2011 to what we have gained.

This should serve as notice that we should no longer deal with Florida.EVER.

Mattias who is a redundant and lacking grit in the bottom six & an overhyped Markstrom and a small cap hit for the next few years for Luongo..... clearly the team needed some youth Dmen (why not trade for one of their defensemen; even a high pick?)

WHAT WAS GILLIS THINKING?!??!

Shows Markstrom had no value, even in a trade. Terrible deal.

Gillis was probably thinking that Luongo's value wasn't going to get any higher and he still wanted to go back to Florida no matter what? Were you seriously expecting a better trade after everything that happened?

I think luongo will play out his contract. He"s always been a guy concerned of his stats and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick it out to try to get a few records and staple his name into nhl history. He will have a long career

Or he'll get "injured" and collect his cheques while his contract goes the distance on LTIR (see: Pronger)

wow... it looks like MIke Gillis should have taken the

1st round and second round pick and Luke Schenn offer. how bad he looks right now.

All just rumours. I heard it was just Bozak and a 2nd. And rumour has it that TO wouldn't do anything unless Vancouver retained cap, which Gillis was desperately trying to avoid (but had to in the end, anyways).

But if Gillis had got Schenn, and flipped him for JVR, we'd be laughing now.

So now it's just Luongo for Shawn Matthias...awesome...

No it isn't. Remember, plus the $4.3 mill cap space they got in the deal that allowed them to sign Ryan Miller.

If Markstrom clears, the deal was essentially Lu for Miller, Markstrom, Matthias. That's a win any way you look at it.

I still say lawyers are marched out in droves the first time that happens.

Yeah, pretty ridiculous that we get penalized for a deal signed years prior to the new CBA and didn't break any rules when we signed it at the time.

I think luongo will play out his contract. He"s always been a guy concerned of his stats and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick it out to try to get a few records and staple his name into nhl history. He will have a long career

Don't think so. IMO Luongo will only play when he's the starter or at least splitting games. He won't be able to do that in his 40s (which the contract runs into) - he will retire before his contract for sure.

If he clears, $275,000 will be against our cap.

It's not like we are up against the cap though.

JUST IN- 4 teams have "Significant interest in Markstrom" according to Pierre M

Damn it. If it's Florida... the legend of Mike Gillis continues :sadno:

Archived