The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Philly shopping both Schenn´s , Coburn and Grossmann

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi141019.html

The Philadelphia Flyers are actively scouring the trade market in hopes of improve their current roster and have more than defensemen to deal.

It has been widely reported that the Flyers are dangling the likes of Luke Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Nicklas Grossman.

While all three defensemen are still available, multiple sources have told TFP the Flyers have also made forward Brayden Schenn, Luke's brother, available.

Brayden Schenn was taken off of the team's top line earlier this week after a short stint and the team is believed to be shopping the 23-year-old, as GM Ron Hextall would like to add a top-six forward to play alongside Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek.

Citing a league source, TFP Senior Writer Dennis Bernstein first reported Brayden Schenn's availability during Saturday afternoon's TFP LIVE show on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM.

The Flyers are off to a disappointing start to the season, despite Saturday night's 6-5 overtime win over the Dallas Stars.

Hextall has been exploring the market for a top-six forward, but would also like to strengthen his defensive corps, though he would likely replace Brayden Schenn if he were shipped out.

The Flyers acquired Brayden Schenn, along with Wayne Simmonds and a 2012 second-round draft pick on June 23, 2011 from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Mike Richards and the rights to Rob Bordson.

Drafted fifth-overall by the Kings in 2009, Brayden Schenn has collected 41 goals and 49 assists for 90 points in 197 games, to date, with the Kings and Flyers.

Luke Schenn and Grossman have negative value. Coburn is worth a late first and Brayden is worth a first in the 8-15 range (if they were ever to trade either of those 2 for draft picks).

I don't watch him a whole lot, but I think he's just awful from what I've seen, on top of that being paid 3.6mil..

So with that being said, I really hope EDM acquires Luke Schenn.

I know Brayden is awful at faceoffs so he wont help in that department but, I wonder if its simply coaching AGAIN thats killing that team. Brayden as a winger bagged 20 goals last year. He and Luke are also crash n bangers as well. Something this team lacks.

This team needs a quick shake-up and fast or we will be drafting McJesus by xmas.

When Luke entered the league, he seemed to do alright but sorta lost his way in Philly. He certainly has a ton of experience having played in the league since 18.

Philly's like a pair of tattered ol' blue jeans, worn out & covered in patches.

Sure enough, some Cdn franchise(farm system/garbage dump) will take on their nasty albatrosses, & appreciatively send youth for their assured future(like the Mtl/NYR Gomez-fiasco).

The league will ensure Philly is taken care of-one of their preferred, 'key' markets.

We don't fit as a trading partner at all. We don't have a top 6 winger that they are apparently looking for. I could definitely see an Edmonton deal there though. Even though the dmen they are shopping are not all that great they would certainly be better than some of what EDM currently has. And B.Schenn going back their way in addition to getting rid of Yakupov makes sense for them.

Would take Brayden Schenn for nothing more than a couple mid draft picks and or a mid level prospect.

Not interested in the rest.

Edit: Nvm, they don't want draft picks. They want a top six forward, which we don't have.

Pass.

If they think Burrows is a top 6 player I'm in.

Archived