The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

High School shooting reported near Seattle

OptionalPants

Us sane people understand that, try explaining that to the NRA and gun-enthusiasts.

Not all gun enthusiasts promote packing guns around for self defense. I am a sane gun enthusiast who has never shot a living creature nor do I ever carry a gun. I'm not suggesting you are suggesting otherwise, but gun control is a USA problem, not a Canadian one....kind of like school shootings. Terrible news! I hope the kids in the hospital recover.

I'm not trying to be funny, it's reality. Wake up.

I'm for gun control, but I know that's a long ways away from happening in the states hence my, "If only all the other kids were packing," comment, because that's exactly the defense the NRA and anti-gun control Americans use. It's sad, really.

I used to feel incredibly sympathetic and at lost for words when these events used to happen, but after the mass shooting at the Connecticut school followed by no response from the government, it's hard to feel sorry for a country that won't do anything to solve the problem.

Long ways away = Never

Go ahead and improve gun control...the side effect will be an even more robust black market of illegal firearms. Fixing one problem by creating another is not sensible.

the kid's twitter reveals he was definitely upset over a girl.

https://twitter.com/frybergj

and yes, he was officially identified by police

his family is part of the tulalip tribe, and he was part of a christian youth group. so no, he was not muslim. he was crowned a homecoming prince just last week.

The amount of sexual content on that twitter is shocking. I know he's a teenage boy, raging hormones etc, but it was really odd scrolling through his twitter history and seeing that more than half are sexually themed.

This is getting too common now, its like a copycat effect where one kid sees this and replicates it to continue this cycle.

I hope this trend stops for the sake of humanity, we are here to help each other succeed not tear each other down.

I agree with this. Not necessarily that are doing it to continue the cycle, but because there is a precedent for the act itself and it seems like a viable option given the effectiveness of coverage to get a reaction.

I'm not trying to be funny, it's reality. Wake up.

I'm for gun control, but I know that's a long ways away from happening in the states hence my, "If only all the other kids were packing," comment, because that's exactly the defense the NRA and anti-gun control Americans use. It's sad, really.

I used to feel incredibly sympathetic and at lost for words when these events used to happen, but after the mass shooting at the Connecticut school followed by no response from the government, it's hard to feel sorry for a country that won't do anything to solve the problem.

Long ways away = Never

Go ahead and improve gun control...the side effect will be an even more robust black market of illegal firearms. Fixing one problem by creating another is not sensible.

A possession and acquisition license would serve them well. It would stop a lot of unstable people from being able to get a gun. Of course the already huge black market for guns in the USA would grow, but it would not really aggravate the problem and would partially solve the biggest problem then have....ease of access to guns by people who should not be able to have them.

The amount of sexual content on that twitter is shocking. I know he's a teenage boy, raging hormones etc, but it was really odd scrolling through his twitter history and seeing that more than half are sexually themed.

That basketball picture hurt my soul.

Though I don't think the sexual content was all that out of place as I feel people load a lot of that stuff on their Tumblr and Instagram. Normal girls too. We just didn't see it as much a few years back when people used Facebook and Myspace because they had more censoring rules.

Archived