The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat to make NHL debut versus Colorado

TheRussianRocket.

If we are playing a quick team, I say take out Matthias. If we're playing a bigger team, take out Hansen.

This is when Horvat suits up ofcourse

Huh? Did you see Matthias skate on the PK vs CAR for a short-handed chance?

If we play a quick team we might have to keep Horvat in the press box.

BUF picked their 9 games for Reinhart by sitting him a few games here and there - we'll probably do the same with Bo and I'd guess it would be against fast teams.

Huh? Did you see Matthias skate on the PK vs CAR for a short-handed chance?

If we play a quick team we might have to keep Horvat in the press box.

BUF picked their 9 games for Reinhart by sitting him a few games here and there - we'll probably do the same with Bo and I'd guess it would be against fast teams.

It would be kinda funny if he doesn't play his 10th game until Christmas or something. I think it would be kinda cool and worthwhile for him to get as much NHL experience, even from just practicing and watching from the box, as possible before being sent back to OHL.

It would be kinda funny if he doesn't play his 10th game until Christmas or something. I think it would be kinda cool and worthwhile for him to get as much NHL experience, even from just practicing and watching from the box, as possible before being sent back to OHL.

Ya that's what LA did with Brayden Schenn.

Horvat should slot into the lineup in replacement of Burrows - just bump someone up to Burrows wing spot - (Matthias maybe?) and then play Horvat in his natural position and get some damn faceoff wins :)

Burrows will be suspended for 3-5 games IMHO.

Easiest (and most sense IMHO) would be to bump Vey to Burrow's spot and replace Vey at 4C with Horvat.

How is he going to have a hard time when he is going to be given a spot in the lineup?

He's a good kid. He's being given a chance to prove himself as should every kid about to start their careers. Doesn't matter what their career is, that's how the wheel keeps on turning so get over it.

As I understand it, if he is on the 23 man roster whether he is playing or scratched, the games count toward the 9 games he is allowed before eligibility to be sent to Junior runs out. Am I wrong? That would mean his eligibility runs out Nov. 20.

If I am right then we will not be able to keep him up until the World Jrs.

it's games played, as in he put on equipment and was on the timekeeper's scoresheet for that game. if he doesn't play (is a scratch) it doesn't count.

I'd like to see

Hansen - Horvat - Kassian (adds some offense to the 3rd line in Hansen, without taking away Richie's defensive ability)

Vey - Richardson - Dorsett (F/O help in case Vey struggles in the dot, plus Richie also brings grit and good D; we'd also be able to see how much of a play-maker Vey can be, esp. with a black hole like Richie)

Hansen for offence??? Richardson, Matthias, & Dorsett are just as good & better than Hansen in offence.

If we are playing a quick team, I say take out Matthias. If we're playing a bigger team, take out Hansen.

This is when Horvat suits up ofcourse

My bet is Vey or Hansen is going to be out for Horvat barring injuries or suspensions. Not anyone on the 3rd line as they look good together & are starting to get quality chances.. Vey has been the guy struggling the most out there in my eyes even though he's good on the 1st PP.

Both these guys may escape a benching if Burrows gets games? Also Sestito is going to get a crack in the California games. In for Vey or Hansen.

My bet is Vey or Hansen is going to be out for Horvat barring injuries or suspensions. Not anyone on the 3rd line as they look good together & are starting to get quality chances.. Vey has been the guy struggling the most out there in my eyes even though he's good on the 1st PP.

Both these guys may escape a benching if Burrows gets games? Also Sestito is going to get a crack in the California games. In for Vey or Hansen.

Vey stays, he plays well on the PP with the top unit. why break up that good PP unit?

Burrows is likely only getting one or two games for that hit. He didn't intend to hurt Emlien

It is my opinion that Willy D will not touch the 3rd line until it loses it's current mojo. If Burrows does get suspended, Willy will be forced to mess with line 2, which also has mojo, and I suspect he will bring up Vey from the 4th and insert Horvat on line 4. If he does not use Horvat, I bet he calls up Jensen to take Burrows spot and leaves line 3 and 4 as is. Vey may not be continuing the 5 on 5 play he started with, but he is still producing on the PP so I suspect it will be him on line 2 in Burr's absence.

Not really sure if I want to see Horvat right now. The team's starting to gel and the lines are starting to find chemistry. I don't really see the need to mix it up right now. I think overall inserting Horvat into the lineup might be good for him but I think it will hurt the team overall.

Archived