The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Edmonton.

BeefGormley

I am actually looking forward to seeing what Sestito has to give this game. He obviously hasn't played yet this season so that should send the message that when he is on the ice we need more out of him than 'goonery'. There is no confusing where he is on the depth chart, which forces him to try to bump out Mathias or Dorsett by actually playing hockey.

My only thoughts are, first, don't take the Oil lightly. They are a hungry team and playing better than the games earlier this season.

Second, if Burrows is given a suspension, appeal it for one game so that he can play on Saturday.

Agreed on the first point. I'd rather he takes the suspension now so he s back for the Cali tour.

Sad that Burr was really making an impact and will be set on the shelf again. He's spent enough time not playing and will be missed.

Oilers are gaining some confidence and I've never thought they should be taken lightly...despite their deficiencies, they also have some good, fast, young talent. It's just a matter of finding a balance between running around like superstars, and reining it in to play responsibly. A work in progress.

I'm calling a 2-1 win for us.

Archived