The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you the Canucks fan be happy with a trade for Milan Lucic

canuckbeliever

Would you as a Canucks fan be happy with Milan Lucic being traded to Vancouver  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wrong, I booed Tim Hunter every time he wore a Canucks uniform and I'll boo Lucic just the same if he ever sullies the Canucks colours. I don't care if I'm the only one either, I'll boo him every moment he is on the ice.

Besides, he and Marchand are costing Boston more than they are contributing. Their antics clearly hurt Boston's series against Montreal last year and will likely again. He'd be nothing but a liability here.

Great fan you are. Jump off the bus anytime you like.

Milan Lucic is beyond good right now.

The fact that there are rumors swirling about Boston wanting to trade him, the fact that there have been similar rumblings regarding Kassian, and the fact that Jim Benning is our GM has me thinking something is in the works there.

Canucks pick in 2015 + Kassian for Lucic

Regards regarding RE:

JJ (I like to say my own name thousands of times because it makes me feel upstanding on a sports forum harumph)

Lucic is in my top 10 most hated humans on this planet. The list that includes him, Keith, doughty, etc...

That being said, anyone that wears the blue and green would immediately have my approval and become one of my favourite 50 players (all under contract to Vancouver)

GETIRRRRDOONNNEEE JB

This, mostly.

You hate that guy (or the other guy, whoever) when they are on another team, but their sins get magically washed away when they sign and put on your own team's uni.

Don't see it happening, but it would be an interesting trade...all depends on what we have to sacrifice/send the other way.

Loved Lucic when he was with the giants. 07' Memorial Cup. Lucic, Franson, Blum, Watt, Kraus, Cunningham. What a tough-as-nails team that was. Will always thank him for that. Too bad he went to Boston and ended up developing into a gutless clown. Maybe if he left Boston for a couple years, the stigma would go away. Even then I would cheer for him if he came to the canucks but I'd always know in the back of my mind that he's a dirty weasel.

Would have on my team any day. He is the ultimate teammate, I've got friends that played with him in juniors and they said that they would go to war with him.

Ive heard this too, however i think he's kind of on a power trip in Boston and his ego has taken control of him. Therefore i dont want him.

I vote yes, everyone hates playing against him. Can you imagine a 2nd line Kassian, Lucic and Bonino/ Horvat (playmakers) down the middle. With the Sedins still onboard, that would be a 1-2 punch that would frighten most teams. Not to mention the depth we would have in the remainder of our line up.

If it was a trade I would assume we would have to lose a mixture of Burrows/ McCann/ Shinkaruk/ Virtanen/ Higgins/ Dorsett or a draft pick.

On the ice he's big, he's mean, and he's skilled. Off the ice I think he's a loud mouthed idiot. Personally I don't much care if he's an idiot. He's got a skill set and size we can use and use well. If this trade were to happen, depending on what we send back, I'd be all for it.

Honestly I don't think that incident would absolutely prevent those two from getting over it. Miller had the right to be mad but he was not injured, and he stood up on his soapbox. Big deal, we've seen worse no? Good on Miller for speaking his mind. We want guys on this team to have some fire.

His comments to Montreal players and behaviour between the whistles last playoffs were bad, unforgivable probably, but you can't deny he is a perfectly good hockey player, and this team does need characters to be like that sometimes I'll be honest, we have been tame for a long time. There's a really good chance if he played here that would turn things around and before long he would be a fan favorite here.

There is huge upside in this despite the grumbling that might happen to begin with people should get over it. He made some comments about Vancouver, so what. He's half right anyway, what kind of dickhead douche knowingly starts a fight with an NHL player (one especially known as a heavy)? Only an arrogant Vancouverite. I grew up here and I know it, and you know what I'm talking about. So Lucic learns to be more professional. I'd rather be a fan of a player who makes mistakes of passion instead of flatlining all season long cough *higgins* give us some entertainment when there's not enough goal scoringfor god's sake, I'd love this trade.

Miller's a pro, he'll have some words with his wife and maybe in the room when and if this were to happen, you bet they would resolve it behind closed doors and be pros about it. I've worked with guys I don't like and we make an excellent team despite some friction- guys don't have to be in love with each other to be effective. After a few plays they would be tight. Give Lucic a chance to defend Miller in a scrum and see what happens, the tables can turn right around.

Miller's a pro, he'll have some words with his wife and maybe in the room when and if this were to happen, you bet they would resolve it behind closed doors and be pros about it. I've worked with guys I don't like and we make an excellent team despite some friction- guys don't have to be in love with each other to be effective. After a few plays they would be tight. Give Lucic a chance to defend Miller in a scrum and see what happens, the tables can turn right around.

Finally someone says it the way it is.

If you think Lucic doesn't have character, you don't have a heartbeat.

He might not be the type of character one would prefer. He certainly has character.

Compared to the Sedins, who don't have a Cup, Lucic, who has a Cup, might be seen as a rowdy player.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VRBATA

LUCIC - HORVAT - KASSIAN

Omg he has a cup in a team game that defiantly makes him a better player, he was way better against the Blackhawks than he was against the Canucks in the finals.

Kassian and Bieksa for Lucic all day long.

That hole left by Bieksa better be filled fast then. Unfortunate about Kassian going the other way but if that's the cost of getting local boy Lucic, I hope Benning goes for it.

Archived