The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you the Canucks fan be happy with a trade for Milan Lucic

canuckbeliever

Would you as a Canucks fan be happy with Milan Lucic being traded to Vancouver  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Despite Lucic being a douchebag on and off the ice in the past and currently, a change of scenery by coming home could change him.

With that being said, he would be a great addition to the team so the Cali teams, Chi, and Stl can't bully us. Think of Lucic as The Hulk... You want The Hulk with you or against you?

Wrong, I booed Tim Hunter every time he wore a Canucks uniform and I'll boo Lucic just the same if he ever sullies the Canucks colours. I don't care if I'm the only one either, I'll boo him every moment he is on the ice.

Besides, he and Marchand are costing Boston more than they are contributing. Their antics clearly hurt Boston's series against Montreal last year and will likely again. He'd be nothing but a liability here.

Not Timmy!

:(

Hmm, maybe if the team was able to pick Lucic up for cheap (lower round pick and maybe a B prospect), and then even before he gets a phone call from Chiarelli saying he's been traded to the Canucks, Benning is on the phone to Lucic telling him not to bother to come out west as he's been traded to Carolina for their 2015 1st.

regards,

G.

Hmm, maybe if the team was able to pick Lucic up for cheap (lower round pick and maybe a B prospect), and then even before he gets a phone call from Chiarelli saying he's been traded to the Canucks, Benning is on the phone to Lucic telling him not to bother to come out west as he's been traded to Carolina for their 2015 1st.

regards,

G.

Ha yeah, that was my thought, too -- the only way I'd get him is to flip him like a house for a capital upgrade.

He's UFA after next season anyway. Why give up assets now when you can pick him up for nothing but cash in just a season and a half? We aren't ready to push for a cup run yet anyway and he'll still be two years short of 30. Vrbata's $5mil will be off the books at that time.

Lucic is one of the Bruins who apparently loves Benning, so it's simple enough for him to not extend no matter where he's at and wait for free agency if he wants to come here. By then the Canucks will hopefully be on the rise and maybe by that time he will have matured and settled himself back to playing with the puck and not other players' 'nads. Then we can have him, Virtanen, AND Kassian terrorizing the league with old-time hockey!

regards,

G.

That's the only way it would satisfy me but even then my skin would crawl for a few moments knowing he was a Canuck for the briefest of moments.

Won't forgive JB if he squanders assets/6 mill on this steroid-gorilla.

They clearly stated that character was required, didn't they?

If you think Lucic doesn't have character, you don't have a heartbeat.

He might not be the type of character one would prefer. He certainly has character.

Compared to the Sedins, who don't have a Cup, Lucic, who has a Cup, might be seen as a rowdy player.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VRBATA

LUCIC - HORVAT - KASSIAN

Wrong, I booed Tim Hunter every time he wore a Canucks uniform and I'll boo Lucic just the same if he ever sullies the Canucks colours. I don't care if I'm the only one either, I'll boo him every moment he is on the ice.

Besides, he and Marchand are costing Boston more than they are contributing. Their antics clearly hurt Boston's series against Montreal last year and will likely again. He'd be nothing but a liability here.

While true, he and Marchand also heavily contributed to the Bruins making the SCF in both 2011 and 2013. They can be difference makers on both ends of the spectrum.

No chance. He's a lazy hockey player as of late, hence his 'future' in Boston under consideration. He's gonna want many dollars, which he'll get... and it'd make David Clarkson or Jeff Finger look like a good signing.

He's "made it" and as a result he only turns it on very, very rarely. Money better spent elsewhere. Just like Heatley had a great, great few years and then nosedived after.

This would be my fear as well. I'd be very careful about acquiring Lucic, not because of bad blood or character issues, but simply because his best days may already be behind him. If the Bruins still thought he had lots to give, why would he be available?

...But then again, they traded Seguin. This may have more to do with needing to re-sign Smith and Krug than Chia simply needing to dump Lucic.

It all depends on the price though. If he's not too expensive asset-wise, at least his contract runs out after next season, so he won't be an anchor for years to come.

He did say he wanted to play for Vancouver (albeit years ago) and even said he still loves Vancouver after everything that has happened.

he's also just entering into his prime as he's turning 27.

Most players have had the best statistical years of their careers by the time their 27.

Archived