The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

-SN-

Why do people draw cartoons to insult other people's religions with nothing to gain for themselves? Mass murder is obviously a deplorable action but why insult the sacred? Why not debate with constructive criticisms which a lot of people respectfully engage in? You can love your own religion without putting down other people's. I'm not even religious, but I respect people's right to believe.

Freedom and power come with responsibilities.

This is what happen when you put your "nose" in some areas you shouldn´t...

ok. Terrorists did that. now they´re having military training? what a minute. ISIS is doing many variations of it´s attacks?

WHO gave them this training? if terrorists start doing attacks with the skills of military personel what´s gonna be the next? tanks? airplanes? nuclear warheads?

WHO is financing these people? where the hell they get money enought to buy so many machine-guns, grenade launchers and military stuff?

maybe it´s time to stop these scum on the hard mode. USA doesn´t like Assad, Saddam etc. ok they´re bad people but what happen after USA "sent freedom"?

the group that is supposed to "give freedom" receive training, equipment and money. they remove the "bad guys" from the power and then install their very own terrorist government and start their "anti-USA" government...

then USA again support other group to remove this group from the power and things go on and on...

USA supported Bin Laden during the cold war to stop the Soviets. guess what Bin Laden did with all that money, equipment and training????

maybe, just maybe. USA should stay out of problems they can´t really solve. because every time USA try solve other´s problem this is the result. the monster return to it´s creator...

but the mess is done. so what?

ok. call me "armagedon guy" but seems the conventional "bomb and go" isn´t working, also "occupy for a long time training the other group" isn´t working also...

so how many time untill ISIS get access to some nuclear weapon? do you guys think ISIS will think about it if they have access to nuclear weapons?

USA. make a favor to the humanity. join Russia and China. find the ISIS HQ and nuke them all. sorry but looks like the only way to end this mess is simply striking on the hardest way possible...

Every time something like this happens, I can't decide which group is more entertaining to observe: the ones that froth in the mouth talking about freedom and rights without touching the clearly inflammatory content espoused or the ones that demand that no criticism of touchy subject should exist because of the consequences.

Amidst the madness, ignorance and hypocrisy rear their ugly heads. It really blows my mind that supposedly intelligent folks continue to assume these events occur in the vacuum of just the published artwork and subsequent angry response driven by faith. ("lol why can't Muslims just take a joke, they hate freedom ")

The reality is that these events release geopolitical and socioeconomic tensions between two sides that have been pent up from other stresses. The conflation of these murky variables with the religious demographic as a whole is frankly just as stupid on your part as it is on the ones that also made the mistake to think it's a direct attack on their faith.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Indonesia or Malaysia, or Turkey for that matter, having as volatile a reaction as the immigrant Muslim communities in Europe who have had strained relationships with their respective governments due to unfair laws or the Middle Easterners highly critical of Western foreign policies. They are releasing pent up anger of one thing towards one that's mostly irrelevant. It's not helping to focus on the debate of satire and censorship when the things that contribute to such a strained relationship is ignored from both sides.

This thread gave me prostate cancer

This post is way too intelligent for this forum.

People have been taking this piss out of each other since time immemorial .

I believe that we should all laugh at our own idiosyncracies , after all laughter is the best medicine.

Stop, lol please If any sikh ends up killing over a cartoon, than my friend you are not a true sikh. This seems to be the problem with Religion and you guys nailed it. Religion is about experiencing god, but people make it about themselves; almost like a gang,"our gang is better than yours" Also all of the religions masters,teachers,,etc never harmed anyone. For instance in sikhism Guru Teghbahdur gave his head for hinduism, In chirstianity jesus was considered wrong because he spoke to women, so people use to throw stones at him. lol funny eh. The teachers were actual teachers of peace, yet the followers are bunch ---------- you fill in the blanks. lol.

I agree, but you cant deny the fact some crazy khalistani would go crazy if something bad was drawn or written about Sikhism.

People have already been assassinated because of similar stuff in India.

Every time something like this happens, I can't decide which group is more entertaining to observe: the ones that froth in the mouth talking about freedom and rights without touching the clearly inflammatory content espoused or the ones that demand that no criticism of touchy subject should exist because of the consequences.

Amidst the madness, ignorance and hypocrisy rear their ugly heads. It really blows my mind that supposedly intelligent folks continue to assume these events occur in the vacuum of just the published artwork and subsequent angry response driven by faith. ("lol why can't Muslims just take a joke, they hate freedom ")

The reality is that these events release geopolitical and socioeconomic tensions between two sides that have been pent up from other stresses. The conflation of these murky variables with the religious demographic as a whole is frankly just as stupid on your part as it is on the ones that also made the mistake to think it's a direct attack on their faith.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Indonesia or Malaysia, or Turkey for that matter, having as volatile a reaction as the immigrant Muslim communities in Europe who have had strained relationships with their respective governments due to unfair laws or the Middle Easterners highly critical of Western foreign policies (both are viable reasons to be mad, given its for the right reasons to the responsible parties). Instead, they are releasing pent up anger of one thing towards one that's mostly irrelevant. It's not helping to focus on the debate of satire and censorship when the things that contribute to such a strained relationship is ignored from both sides.

This thread gave me prostate cancer

So let's blame society again?

I agree, but you cant deny the fact some crazy khalistani would go crazy if something bad was drawn or written about Sikhism.

People have already been assassinated because of similar stuff in India.

That is the problem, but hey if you want to look into sikhi than check out "basics of sikhi" on youtube. Ps im not a Sikh because it way to hard to live a life style of a Sikh.(All the meditations, prayers, mantra chantings, waking up at 4 am to meditate lol) Instead, im a mystic, but I do love SIkhism, I have also looked into many other religions. Anyhow, check out the channel if you are into Sikhism you will learn lots and, yes I agree the khalistaanis are a problem,.

That is the problem, but hey if you want to look into sikhi than check out "basics of sikhi" on youtube. Ps im not a Sikh because it way to hard to live a life style of a Sikh.(All the meditations, prayers, mantra chantings, waking up at 4 am to meditate lol) Instead, im a mystic, but I do love SIkhism, I have also looked into many other religions. Anyhow, check out the channel if you are into Sikhism you will learn lots and, yes I agree the khalistaanis are a problem,.

Nowadays when someone says they're Sikh especially outside of Punjab or even India for that matter, it usually means they are talking about their family background or were raised as a Sikh, but they don't really adhere to the religion. I am not a strict Sikh, but it is my background.

Also I agree that finding true Sikhs is very hard to come by these days, that's why I respect Islam and Muslims because they're very strict to their beliefs.

Man I can't form proper sentences today..

Also I want to make one thing clear...

I don't support the killing of these people or any satirist. I was merely asking a poorly worded question if what they did was worth the trouble (death)?

Read any of my previous posts in Islam based threads and you can see the overwhelming support for the religion and people, but not for the terrorists.

I think the attack has really backfired for the Islamic militants....Its basically an attack on democracy and free speech....Everyone will know Charlie Hebdo and these killings give more worldwide promotion to these cartoons than ever. before..This also coincides with a growing distrust of Islamic communities (and what they bring) living in democratic countries.

I think the attack has really backfired for the Islamic militants....Its basically an attack on democracy and free speech....Everyone will know Charlie Hebdo and these killings give more worldwide promotion to these cartoons than ever. before..This also coincides with a growing distrust of Islamic communities (and what they bring) living in democratic countries.

IMO PC is what is stopping for any action..

It would be deemed racist or bigoted to intervene.

People in the western world are stuck in a rock and a hard place.

Christians in Uganda

Catholics and Protestants in ireland

Westboro in America

Religion and Politics. Making idiots out of the stupid since time immemorial.

I think the stupid are stupid all on their own. Politics and religion just give them a platform.

That's a positive at least. No bringing back the 12 people killed, and certainly won't really stop further extremist actions in the name of religion, but it's something.

EDIT: if or if not they actually have.

I think the stupid are stupid all on their own. Politics and religion just give them a platform.

That's a positive at least. No bringing back the 12 people killed, and certainly won't really stop further extremist actions in the name of religion, but it's something.

Do you support an eye for an eye?

1 - use social media to determine who follows this sharia extremist nonsense

2 - deport them and all their families to syria so they don't have to go through the hardship of living in a free society without murdering people

3 - hold ALL who remain fully accountable for the actions of any individual member

if that fails, france has the bomb, the crusades wouldn't take so long this time now that they're all in one place.

Also I want to make one thing clear...

I don't support the killing of these people or any satirist. I was merely asking a poorly worded question if what they did was worth the trouble (death)?

Read any of my previous posts in Islam based threads and you can see the overwhelming support for the religion and people, but not for the terrorists.

In his own words:

In November 2011, the office caught fire the day Charlie Hebdo was due to publish a cover poking fun at Islamic law.

"It's an indescribable mess," Charbonnier told CNN at the time. "Everything has melted: the keyboards, the computers. Everything is dead. Ashes cover all of our belongings."

A year later, in an interview with Le Monde newspaper, Charbonnier gave no indication there were any plans to change Charlie Hebdo.

"It may sound pompous," he said, "but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/07/world/france-magazine-attack-victims/index.html

1 - use social media to determine who follows this sharia extremist nonsense

2 - deport them and all their families to syria so they don't have to go through the hardship of living in a free society without murdering people

3 - hold ALL who remain fully accountable for the actions of any individual member

if that fails, france has the bomb, the crusades wouldn't take so long this time now that they're all in one place.

Thanks for coming out with your genocidal thinking..

Doing that what would reveal the real devils and would show how barbaric a certain group of people really are.

Also Pakistan has the bomb too...

Archived