The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks practice vrs MIN Feb1st

Mackcanuck

good to hear that dorsett will most likely play sunday and is doing good.

Yup... Glad it wasn't serious. I'd want to see how Kenins does against a team not named Buffalo. Maybe later... Unless we stay healthy all year.

Clendening is the ONLY reason to watch a middle of the season Canucks game against an average opponent on Super Bowl Sunday.

Though I thought Weber would keep his spot for another week while Clendening practices and gets comfortable with the system and new teammates for a few days.

Looks like they wanna see what he can do right away. That's a young d-core now with Hamhuis the only guy left over the age of 30.

Take out Edler and the rest of the d core is 25 and under the injection of new guys on d process has officially begun.

Hopefully 3 more highly rated guys are drafted on d in this upcoming draft as well.

Tanev,Sbisa,Corrado, Clendening all 25 or under :shock: . That's a pretty young d-core for a position where playoff and contending teams usually have a bunch of vets.

Also big indictment on Weber and Stanton being passed over on the depth chart already by 2 rookies who spent half the year in the minors.

Weber must be like I freaking scored last game and this guy comes in without even knowing the systems and gets to play right away?

Dorsett has also looked very good with Horvat. And Kennins looked good with Horvat last night.

Not to take anything away from Dorsett, Kennins, Hansen or even Kass as individuals, but does anyone see a pattern here?

players work harder when they play with horvat

since they know his corsi numbers are weak

and they do not wish to be embarassed

Sbisa could be moved with this "trade coming". But I might be ridiculed on here for suggesting it like I was when I said garrison should be.

I also really eanted Garrison out. Not necessarily for his average play but I didn't want that contract, especially his term on our books for multiple seasons. JB did great there

Archived