The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs. Bruins

SvenBae

Horvat and Matthias - The final redemption of Mike Gillis?

Not really. Horvat is a very good prospect and it is great to have him here, but Gillis still should have got more for one of the best goalies in the league who was still young, a great teammate, and on a good contract. And Matthias came on the Luongo deal that was set up by Luongo's agent.

Not giving Gillis a lot of credit for tonight.

I think some of the success of Horvat, Kassian, Kennins, Matthias, and, although it is still early, Clendenning is due to Willie, who is one of the best guys around for player development.

Complaint to Rogers Arena staff - Let the friggin hats hit the damn ice! I was at the game and was excited to see a hatrick live for the first time, but was sorely disappointed when the ice cleaners cleaned faster than the hats came. Fans want to see the ice littered with hats. Thats why they throw hats.

Best game I've been to in years though. Hreat game Matthias!

Complaint to Rogers Arena staff - Let the friggin hats hit the damn ice! I was at the game and was excited to see a hatrick live for the first time, but was sorely disappointed when the ice cleaners cleaned faster than the hats came. Fans want to see the ice littered with hats. Thats why they throw hats.

Best game I've been to in years though. Hreat game Matthias!

you saw more hats than we did at home..didnt show any except for 1 Boston hat laying there..must be a league edict.

Is there a way we can play them in the 2knd round? :)

Yeah you predicted we'd get spanked in the pre-game portion of the GDT today as well.

Doubt. Let it go brutha!

Or at least join the ranks of unconditional love. And support the team, win or lose.

Never look forward to a loss! Vince Lombardi school of philosophy, 101!

There you go! :canucks::towel:

Nice to get a back-to-back win :)

Thanks for winning on my birthday Canucks! : :D

That is nice to see. The Canucks are 0-5 all-time on my birthday. These were all playoff losses in the WCSF, with the exception of the last (WCQF):

May 7, 2003: 5-1 loss to the Wild

May 7, 2009: 2-1 OT loss to the Blackhawks

May 7, 2010: 7-4 loss to the Blackhawks

May 7, 2011: 4-3 loss to the Predators

May 7, 2013: 4-3 OT loss to the Sharks

Good times. In all seriousness, though, kudos to you OP :)

Vey looked great out there tonight. At first I was skeptical that he could be an effective player at the NHL level because of his size, he is starting to look like a new version of Cliff Ronning out there. Avoiding getting hit, making great passes, good hockey IQ.

Horvat looks like a gem. He is being put out there explicitly for d zone draws. There are countless offensively gifted kids that never made the NHL because they lacked even a fraction of the natural defensive talent that Bo has. Bo looks like he can turn out to be the real deal.

Matthias needs to be re-signed. Big guy, relatively young, pretty good hands and a monster on the forecheck. Remember how many times kassian made brilliant passes to Booth last year with no result? Matthias may be able to finish what Kassian starts. Matthias was selected by the wings, and their brilliant scouting system, in the second round.

I think some people need to realize that Zack will never be a Todd Bertuzzi - he just doesnt have it in him. He is more of a finesse player and a play maker - he can use his size in front of the net but for the most part he is a passer and sees the ice very well.

I just hope they can bury those dirty puck kicking (see 1989) calgary flames tomorrow. There is no other fan base that hates the Canucks more than the Calgary fan base.

Archived