The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[News] Jensen Recalled

SvenBae

If McMills sits we better see Kassian start the game with the Sedins. I gave WD props for last game when he did play them together and I would give him insane props if Kassian plays and starts the next game with the Sedins.

Wouldn't mind seeing what Jensen can do with the Sedins as well though I would of preferred to see Gaunce if they plan on filling a bottom 6 role.

I'm beginning to wonder if injuries can't be used as an excuse for the Canucks' downfall last year under Tortorella.... wait no, that isn't right, it is pretty f'ing obvious at this point that Torts sucks nuts. Hopefully they continue to stay in the race even while being decimated by injuries to further drive that point home.

Ok Mr. Negative, do you ever have anything positive to say? The Canucks are building Kassians character and he is learning that consistency will go a long ways to staying in the lineup. Kassian is responding to that and has had some good games of late. So, before you start the 'oh poor Kassian is being mistreated ' routine, why don't you see if he draws into the lineup.

Our #1 and #2 defenseman our out, with a #4-5 and depth rookie defenseman also out (3/4 top 4 D out).

Our #2 and #3 centres our out with also a top 6 winger currently playing on the 1st line.

On paper that looks something like:

22 33 INJ

20 INJ 17

27 INJ 9

51 53 36

INJ INJ

2 INJ

6 5

Those are some massive holes, but fortunately we've gotten some really good support from:

Vey, Kenins, Clendening, Stanton, and Biega so far. Also good on Horvat and Matthias for stepping up to the plate (Vey has been decent for a rookie season, with growing pains).

Our #1 and #2 defenseman our out, with a #4-5 and depth rookie defenseman also out (3/4 top 4 D out).

Our #2 and #3 centres our out with also a top 6 winger currently playing on the 1st line.

On paper that looks something like:

22 33 INJ

20 INJ 17

27 INJ 9

51 53 36

INJ INJ

2 INJ

6 5

Those are some massive holes, but fortunately we've gotten some really good support from:

Vey, Kenins, Clendening, Stanton, and Biega so far. Also good on Horvat and Matthias for stepping up to the plate (Vey has been decent for a rookie season, with growing pains).

You can thank Benning for the depth.

I think Jensen can provide the same energy as kennins minus the hitting power/effectiveness, but I think he can surprise.

This will probably as good as chance as he'll ever have to prove he can be an effective NHLer. I hope the pressure doesn't get to him and he can simplify his game enough to be effective as. He needs to provide offense to be effective, so he needs to shoot as much as possible and be effective on the cycle.

He didn't do much to make a case to stay

Indeed, probably why one of our young ones is getting a look.

Might stay for a bit in case we run into another injury but when we are healthy I don't see him staying on our team long unless he impresses in any more games he plays.

Vey needs a little help defensively so I see Jensen sliding in next to Horvat.

Kassian may get another shot with the Sedins but he has done well with Matthias as well.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Vey Vrbata

Dorsett Matthias Hansen

Kenins Horvat Jensen

or

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Vey Hansen

Dorsett Matthias Kassian

Kenins Horvat Jensen

Archived