The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dreger: Leafs interested in Winnik for Burmistrov

RKennis41

Why someone would want a player like that is beyond me.

That had more to do with Noel at the time. However, he'd still prefer to play elsewhere and would probably report to any team.

The disagreement surrounded his ice-time and role on the team. Maybe he has developed overseas and is more prepared for the bigger role he wants.

Hope_Smoke
‏@Hope_Smoke
According to @Leafer1984, this morning on TSN Radio Dreger said Leafs would be interested in moving Winnik for Burmistrov
----------------------------
Winnik + Holzer for Burmi + 2nd makes sense

lol thats a hilarious overpayment

Why someone would want a player like that is beyond me.

How dare someone who came over from a different Country dislike someone. Even more so when they have been treating you $&!#ty and wouldn't let you go play at home during the lockout.

Hope_Smoke
‏@Hope_Smoke
According to @Leafer1984, this morning on TSN Radio Dreger said Leafs would be interested in moving Winnik for Burmistrov
----------------------------
Winnik + Holzer for Burmi + 2nd makes sense

I always liked Burmistrov. I thought he had the potential to be a really good 2nd line centre. He was pretty good defensively and had some good skill. Just very inconsistent, as with most young players. I also felt he was rushed by Atlanta and could have used more time in junior.

Depending on the cost, I definitely wouldn't mind the Canucks checking in on the price. His value can't be that high. Maybe a couple of late picks?

I've said this many, many times. Burmistrov is a terrific third line center who thinks he's a number 1 or 2. When he was given numerous chances to play that role, he crashed and burned miserably. While Noel was a pretty bad coach, Burmistrov's problem was that he expected to be given the role of a top 1/2 center without actually proving he could hold his own in that role.

He's incredibly sound defensively, which is why he is a dream on the third line. Maurice has had success coaching Russians in the KHL, so I'm sure Burmistrov would get along fine with Maurice. That's only part of the issue. The biggest one is has Burmistrov grown up and learned that he can't have things handed to him without outplaying Bryan Little and Mark Scheifele?

I like him a lot, and would love him back on the Jets, but I'm not sure he fits with them anymore, even as a third line center. The mean streak and size that Lowry has as the number 3 is great for the team going forward.

Trading him for Winnik would be fine, as it's not as if he'll do anything of any worth in Toronto. He'll be in a situation there where he'll fail alongside other talented guys, as the makeup of that team is such a gongshow.

Archived