STARS VAN stars tired

VAN BLUES blues extra day rest

VAN PREDS nashville extra day rest

VAN HAWKS hawks extra day rest

VAN Jets well rested 3.5 days off

KINGS VAN van extra day rest

COYOTES VAN van extra day rest

OILERS VAN equal rest

Five times we face teams the second of their back to back games.

We have only 2 back to back games

We have extra time off 5 times

6 times opponents are rested or well rested.

From the stand point of being rested I don't think we could have asked for much better. Especially the fact we face so many teams after no nights off, and we don't suffer that fate ourselves.

So tiredness better not be an excuse.

I am going to try break down opposition scheds a bit and see where points may end up.

Additional

Each team has at least 22 points of 36 that have no bearing towards teams in our chase. Two teams have 30 of 36 with points that have no bearing.

With how we have been playing, and the lack of in race points between teams we are in a pretty good situation.

Doesn't matter...the Canucks have shown that they can't take advantage of teams on the back half of back-to-backs. In fact, they go into these games thinking that the game is going to be a cakewalk and get their @$$e$ handed to them in the first period. This is a team that has not taken advantage of extra days of rest afforded to them.

I have looked at the other teams scheds and some of them have much tougher opponents than we do. There are also lots of points that can be lost outside of our conference which will be very beneficial.

Also lots of games for the other main competition SJ, LA, Cal, Win and Min are against teams we aren't fighting with. So a lot of points could be lost to teams that will not affect our playoff chances.

Looks tough to me. We've done poorly against the west of late. And you'd better believe teams are looking to play spoiler too.

Guys are gonna have to be more consistent and play from the starting whistle if they wanna make it. Many thought last night would be a gimme, look how that turned out.

Doesn't matter...the Canucks have shown that they can't take advantage of teams on the back half of back-to-backs. In fact, they go into these games thinking that the game is going to be a cakewalk and get their @$$e$ handed to them in the first period. This is a team that has not taken advantage of extra days of rest afforded to them.

Do we continue to blame the coach ... or the core? ... three coaches later and we still seem to lack early motivation ... I think some players need their time cut back, for their own good ... both 1st and 2nd PP need to be revamped ... try Bo on the 1st ... gives us a much better chance at poseesion .. rotate him out if the puck gets cleared out ... seems we have these stale periods where we lack finish early ... just not 'bearing down'

91 points made the playoffs in the west last season

This year it may take 98 points to get 2nd or 3rd in the Pacific

We have 76 points now and 18 games left, so we would need to go 11 and 7 for 98 points

We are leading in ROW(32) so 2 teams would have to get more points to beat us out of 2nd and 3rd in the Pacific

LAK - 74 points - 29 ROW 18 games left - would need to go 12 - 4 - 1 for 99 points

SJS - 72 points - 30 ROW 17 games left - would need to go 13 - 3 - 1 for 99 points

The game tomorrow night against San Jose will tell it all. If we lose that game, we will almost certainly fall out of a playoff spot maybe by 2-3 points. I don't think we have the mental toughness to come back from that. Not against LA, San Jose, Calgary, Minnesota, Winnipeg, etc. They all want it too bad.

The Leafs, Flyers, Jackets, Coyotes, Jets (No Byfuglien), Avalanche (No MacKinnon), Dallas (No Seguin) are all games this month that are extremely winnable, and ones that we cannot afford to give up points in.

To be honest, I'm more worried about those games than the games against SJ, ANA, LA. Team seems to wake up for the playoff teams.

If we win 2 of 3 from the California teams in the next week, I think that'll be enough momentum to push through the rest of the month.

The only game I'd actually peg as a loss right at this moment is the one against Nashville on the 31st. I'd love to be wrong about that one too.

Archived