Richardaon-Matt(h)ias--burrow(s)

Grenier-Horvart-Hansen

Elder-Tanev

Hamhius-Corrado

Stanton-Sanguinetti

Laxk

Millers

Good job, mate!

With all that being written, I am impressed that you got both Baertschi and Sanguinetti correct :blink:

And you do know you just called Eddie Lack a salmon...? Almost.

They're not going to risk hurting his confidence right now.

He needs to just work with Green, and get back to the player he was when he was drafted 13th overall.

There's no need to rush. He'll be part of the continued youth movement next season.

thats what the great teams do . no need to rush

Leave Baertschi in Utica as long as possible to work with Green.

Next season, Sven must be able to play 2nd line LW.

His playing style does not work in the bottom 2 lines and I doubt that he would clear waivers.

Three statements and three tick marks. This pretty much sums up the Baertschi situation.

The one problem I have with Green however is that he does not exactly seem friendly toward offensively oriented softer players. He stresses defence first. I assume this is the Canuck strategy -- everyone has to be able to play responsible defence.

But I do wonder about the cost of stifling offensive creativity. Shinkaruk and Jensen and not exactly doing well under the system, and neither is Grenier. Maybe the Canucks think that having a team of high intensity grinders (like Kenins) is the fastest way for the Canucks to at least have a decent team.

I guess my view is that developing high intensity, defensively responsible grinders is good for the bottom 6 (Kenins, Dorsett, Hansen, and Horvat can play that style as well, as can Higgins and Burrows).

But we need genuine offensive creativity on the top 6 and we do not have enough of that right now. And the Sedins and Vrbata are getting older. Let's hope that Baertschi and Kassian can make progress on this dimension. I am not particularly optimistic about Vey and Bonino. And down the road we can hope for Virtanen and McCann to emerge a major offensive threats.

You guys are idiots. We called up Joacim Eriksson to be our 2C and it's been reported that Dan Cloutier is going to back up Lack. (Apparently he was given a 5-game contract)

Dan Cloutier signing: Source

Sedin-Sedin-Kenins

Baertschi-Bonino-Verbata

Richardaon-Mattias--burrow

Grenier-Horvart-Hansen

Elder-Tanev

Hamhius-Corrado

Stanton-Sanguinetti

Laxk

Millers

3s1p25.jpg

Honestly, that post made me laugh. Mostly typos, but still funny.

I totally lol'ed at "Laxk"

I should get a custom Eddie Laxk jersey and wear it to a game lmao

Three statements and three tick marks. This pretty much sums it up.

Except it doesn't. Which lines are in our top 6 right now? This year? What does that even mean anymore.

Bo Horvat is a wonderful player for this team. Is he a top6 or bot6 player for us?

Answer... Neither. This isn't 2004.

Three statements and three tick marks. This pretty much sums up the Baertschi situation.

The one problem I have with Green however is that he does not exactly seem friendly toward offensively oriented softer players. He stresses defence first. I assume this is the Canuck strategy -- everyone has to be able to play responsible defence.

But I do wonder about the cost of stifling offensive creativity. Shinkaruk and Jensen and not exactly doing well under the system, and neither is Grenier. Maybe the Canucks think that having a team of high intensity grinders (like Kenins) is the fastest way for the Canucks to at least have a decent team.

I guess my view is that developing high intensity, defensively responsible grinders is good for the bottom 6 (Kenins, Dorsett, Hansen, and Horvat can play that style as well, as can Higgins and Burrows).

But we need genuine offensive creativity on the top 6 and we do not have enough of that right now. And the Sedins and Vrbata are getting older. Let's hope that Baertschi and Kassian can make progress on this dimension. I am not particularly optimistic about Vey and Bonino. And down the road we can hope for Virtanen and McCann to emerge a major offensive threats.

We have a history of skill players who want to rely solely on offensive prowess. They've all gone by the wayside. I'd rather have a skill player learn a complete 200ft game before coming up to the big club. Earn it first!!!!

Archived