The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Islander's Nick Leddy Threatened Over Twitter By Nearly illiterate Fan

A dimwit who doesn't know the difference between "they're", "their", and "there" or "to", "two", and "too" has been cyber-stalking and threatening Nick Leddy and teammate Matt Martin's girlfriend.

Now NHL security along with the cops are looking into it.

I wonder if this doofus realizes that the FBI can also start tracking him down since it took place over the internet.

Hmmm now that I think about it, since this guy doesn't understand the concept of English language homophones, the suspect pool just expanded to a decent amount of CDC'ers. OK, which one of you is guilty?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nick-leddy-threatened-by-twitter-user--nhl-security-intervenes-235941956.html

*edit* whoops, forgot to add a link. I'll bet Gooseberries calls me on it since he got in here before my edit. :lol:

Hmmm now that I think about it, since this guy doesn't understand the concept of English language homophones, the suspect pool just expanded to a decent amount of CDC'ers. OK, which one of you is guilty?!

no one here cares enough about nick leddy to threaten him :PId look at an eastern team (boston fan?)

SabreFan's plan to cover his tracks nearly backfired on the first reply :shock::frantic:

SabreFan why you hating on leddy bro

Eesy now. Their is no reeson that they're is anyone here doing this. No way the league finds him, there to stupid to even get a suspension right.

I've been dying to use this image since I saw it a week ago. It's half the reason why I made this thread after seeing those tweets in the article. I'm just glad somebody took the bait... ;)^_^

Here's a little refresher for our more "language challenged" friends here at CDC.....

I'm putting it in a spoiler tag because it uses PG-13 rated language:

*removed due to inappropriate language. Just because it's in a spoiler doesn't mean it's okay to break the rules*

I've been dying to use this image since I saw it a week ago. It's half the reason why I made this thread after seeing those tweets in the article. I'm just glad somebody took the bait... ;)^_^

Here's a little refresher for our more "language challenged" friends here at CDC.....

I'm putting it in a spoiler tag because it uses PG-13 rated language:

*removed due to inappropriate language. Just because it's in a spoiler doesn't mean it's okay to break the rules*

The spoiler. lul.

Nick Leddy is a decent player. He's no Doughty or Weber, but he's an overall pretty solid defenceman.

From what I can tell, the tweets sound like they're coming from a jaded ex-lover, so that's probably why he was targeted.

A dimwit who doesn't know the difference between "they're", "their", and "there" or "to", "two", and "too" has been cyber-stalking and threatening Nick Leddy and teammate Matt Martin's girlfriend.

Now NHL security along with the cops are looking into it.

I wonder if this doofus realizes that the FBI can also start tracking him down since it took place over the internet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nick-leddy-threatened-by-twitter-user--nhl-security-intervenes-235941956.html

*edit* whoops, forgot to add a link. I'll bet Gooseberries calls me on it since he got in here before my edit. :lol:

What did you call me Bro?!?

80 % of CDC doesn't know the difference between "there", "they're" and "their". Or "then" and "than". Or "were" and "we're". Or "resigned" and "re-signed".

I resigned myself to accept that there are those amongst us who were not paying attention in school. As a whole, we're a pretty odd bunch. I try not to call people out on their grammar because I don't know that they're as comfortable with English as I am. People who had the benefit of growing up here may have a better grasp of the language than someone who recently immigrated. Perhaps in that case, it would behoove them to take a course, maybe then they will stop making the same mistakes over and over again. I wonder if the illiterate fan here is just mad at the term the Isles re-signed Leddy for.

That better have no mistakes or I'm in for it...

Awful. People who threaten, bully and intimidate on the internet often don't realize how much terror they impose on others. It can consume your life with worry and really disrupt things.

It's cowardly, really. The anonymity factor means idiots with a keyboard become tough guys/girls.

Lowlife punk....hope he/she is caught.

How bored do you gotta be?... I feel like enough of a nerd posting on here all the time. Couldn't imagine going through all the trouble of starting fake twitter accounts to harass hockey players and their girlfriends.

Archived