The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I mean this sucks ... as a player if I was there I'd probably still be there after the game with my teammates rethinking all the times we could have been better. But it happens in sport all the time.

Every player knows tonight that they didn't do enough.

Sometimes Mattias might score a hattrick

Do you rely on him next game? No, but some might because they feel confident. They're human, but they might lose the next game because of it.

People rely on the Sedin's every game. Can they deliver ... yeah baby lots but other players need to be there, otherwise we might lose too.

Oh, the inconsistent beast just got called out for something, he's pissed and a chip on his shoulder ... team builds off it ... we WIN !!!!

Next game, Richardson comes back, win, we're rolling,

Next game: At home with family, hanging out, oh game time feeling good, got to roll, see ya kids!

Meanwhile Colorado is pissed that they lost probably the biggest game of the year and they're pissed.

Patrick Roy is pissed

They are good and are slightly faster than us, barely but having a bad year

Dressing room realizes as early 20 year old's that their season is done dig in like fit youngsters do

Bring it all

Come out getting beat up by a good hockey team that's pissed off.

Lose ... ah focus lost ... dammit yeah you're right we were on a roll there

That team sucks they were below us and we should beat them.

Sometimes it happens, you win several games in a row and figure you know how to approach the game and forget about the desire and fortitude of the game. You can lose it quickly.

Literally all we had to do was give an effort.

We were dominant after that 3rd goal.

But, we refuse to try in games. Not sure if it's lack of preparation by the coaching staff or the players, but it's disgusting.

That is a bad team with a bad goaltender.

Its really shocking how we've dropped all these points to bottom feeders.

I can help but put some of my blame toward the coaching staff.. Too many times we are just not prepared to play a full 60

So Willie said that he thought they looked better in the second than in the first.. I'm sorry, come again?

I don't get it. 0-0 at the end of the first and 0-3 at the end of the second..

I dunno what to think of this coach..

Bucking the trend was stopped tonight, damn near shut out even.
Just too many 'trend types' to overcome tonight, like:

At Home, vs team on 2nd of back to backs, team out of the playoffs, and wearing the Millionaires Jersey.

Would've been a miracle, or an effort, to win this game tonight anyhow.
The Jeckyl/Hyde nature that this team sometime displays is confusing to me considering that the Canucks know better.

We're not in the playoffs yet!

The Millionaires Jersey, the Canucks are 0-3 when wearing it.
Who would want to wear a maroon and beige rugby jersey.
What team could play with pride and effort in that atrocious jersey.
It not like you could win a championship looking like that.

The next time the Vancouver Canucks play in the Millionaires Jersey,
they better be the Stanley Cup Champions or at least play like one!

Regroup and don't relent against the Stars! (uhho, its HNIC) <_<:towel:

Go Canucks Go!

This is kinda random but I just realized that if the canucks consistently took care of the weaker teams (NJ, Buf, Ari, etc.), we would probably be in the fight for the presidents trophy lol!

Yes, but take away the points that Eddie has "stolen" and we are out of the playoffs.

And no team consistently takes care of the weaker teams. (For example, Carolina beat Pittsburgh 5-2 tonight. And Columbus, which has out of the playoff race for a while is 8-2 in their last 10 and has 4 wins in a row.)

Realistically, the Canucks are probably about where they deserve to be given their talent and quality of play. If anything they have overachieved a bit.

Classic Canuck game this season.

Zero consistency.

It's shocking that people are somehow still surprised by this.

I've said it 100 times...these next few years will be a transition, trying to stay competitive.

Will need to have some patience...

Fans at Rogers Arena saw a special pre-game open and unique period recaps as the Canucks celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the Vancouver Millionaires winning the Stanley Cup.

That was awesome Vint ...

you might want to go back in time because Mackay was spelt wrong twice once.

While you're at it ...

you know

Ok I got it. The Canucks purposely lose games like this as a way to better prepare themselves for the important ones to win..against the better teams. It works like a giant spring loaded machine. They crank down the effort levels to save their strength against teams with a losing record. They try to score, but try and get away with a defensive, hang back, wait for a mistake, kind of game. They treat these meetings as practices to better prepare themselves for the big boys on the block. Its looking ahead. Don't play hard enough to get anyone injured. They hope they can still win a few this way. ..so when they don't Bieksa still gets mad. These emotions are side benefits and put towards the next game....which is Dallas, so...maybe not, but whatever happens they'll just save it up for a huuuuuge blast to mow down the Blues and Predators back to back, then on through Chicago and Winnipeg. Put the fear of Johnny Canuck in em for the playoffs.

:canucks::frantic: Go Canucks Go :frantic::canucks:

Seriously!

You've just gone and told everybody now!

You don't think other teams fans aren't here.

I'm disappointed, even more than the loss.

Archived