The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Glad to see we came with a piss poor effort again. By this continuing trend, the Stars will smoke us (Saturday?), but we should be able to challenge the Blues and Preds no problem.

And wow, I don't know if this is a regular thing or just a rare example but Vey with that semi break away in the third.. it looked like a nine year old trying to cut to the front of the net; no power.

That imo was our worst game so far this season. Terrible effort and for goodness sake LOSE these jerseys. They are hideous. The team had no presence in them at all. It actually made them look like old men for me.

Now we need a bounce back. Still too close to call.

So Willie said that he thought they looked better in the second than in the first.. I'm sorry, come again?

I don't get it. 0-0 at the end of the first and 0-3 at the end of the second..

I dunno what to think of this coach..

In sport that's possible, surely you know that. You can up your game but the breaks fall against you. Breaks that you were getting when not playing as well.

As for blaming the coaching staff for failing against lesser teams, do you actually watch the rest of the results? This is a phenomena in this league that on their day any team can beat another one irrespective of where they position. We had just achieved 3 hard fought wins.

I have a theory that the only teams that limit these kind of upsets are the teams that can up their physicality when things are not going for them against "lesser" teams. Teams like Boston Ducks and LA although if you look back even they have had upsets. We are not a team with that ability, yet.

We are the team we were at the beginning of the season. A team in the process of being changed and upgraded. We just happen to have played hard and got to a position no one really expected us to be in (despite horrendous injuries)

We should remember that and keep the faith. This is no time to be turning on the coach or the players, they have been exceptional so far.

JB has only just begun to overhaul and reinforce the team. It is far too early to start pronouncing judgement on it. I'm sure WD can see faults and weaknesses (including in his own rookie coaching year) but what do you expect him to do, turn on a team that has fought through adversity to get us this far. He is not that kind of coach. He prefers to give the other team credit and then expects his team to respond.

UNLIKE CDC I might add who hover over the edge of the abyss all season ready to chuck the team and the coach under the bus after any bad result.

Berra really kept them in it in the 3rd.

Once again Vancouver proves they could care less about teams that are irrelevant. I guess I'd rather us bend over ducks, Queen's, rangers, islanders, pens, sharks, etc and lose to the sabers, avs, jackets etc...

Yes, but take away the points that Eddie has "stolen" and we are out of the playoffs.

And no team consistently takes care of the weaker teams. (For example, Carolina beat Pittsburgh 5-2 tonight. And Columbus, which has out of the playoff race for a while is 8-2 in their last 10 and has 4 wins in a row.)

Realistically, the Canucks are probably about where they deserve to be given their talent and quality of play. If anything they have overachieved a bit.

I guess it all evens out in the end

Archived