The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Hamhuis on the PP :picard: It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... just stop it ffs! His shots are weak, telegraphed and if he's not hitting the shin pads of the defenders, he whiffs on it leading to a turn over!

Now to the rest of the team, that was a pathetic effort for the first 20 minutes in their own barn... how are you going to get out worked by a tired team thats out of the playoff picture while your battling to keep the wolves at bay?! LA and Calgary are coming in strong and we drop one to a non playoff team. tsk tsk but im not disappointed because ive seen this let down coming from a mile away. Watch us win against NSH and STL in the upcoming road trip...

Maybe we can finally stop disrespecting the millionaires. The ghost of the patrick brothers are haunting the canucks. Third time we lost in that jersey and maybe it is time to hang them up for good.

That said, we played like crap for the first two periods.

Good way to put it.

But really, the Millionaires were a different organization in a different era with no real traditional link to the Canucks. Get rid of those clown suits.

Hamhuis on the PP :picard: It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... just stop it ffs! His shots are weak, telegraphed and if he's not hitting the shin pads of the defenders, he whiffs on it leading to a turn over!

Now to the rest of the team, that was a pathetic effort for the first 20 minutes in their own barn... how are you going to get out worked by a tired team thats out of the playoff picture while your battling to keep the wolves at bay?! LA and Calgary are coming in strong and we drop one to a non playoff team. tsk tsk but im not disappointed because ive seen this let down coming from a mile away. Watch us win against NSH and STL in the upcoming road trip...

That one 'shot' Hamhuis had on the PP from the point looked more like a putt on the green. Subliminal message?

"They won battles, we didn't play desperate enough." - Weber

Again penalties, game mis-management, the Sedins, no Bo ... it goes on. We need to be able adapt sometimes ... I'm not worried yet you win some you lose some.

Kassian and Richardson are hurting us big time.

I'm not joking I've been watching closely and I think Hamhuis may be the easiest player in the league to take the puck off of. Even when he sees the checker coming he cannot protect the puck. His ice time has to diminish big time because I know he won't get benched.

The poor goalies must cringe when he's on the ice.

I've noticed that too now that you mention it. He has little ability to clear it immediately he has the uncanny ability to understand how the numbers will work and usually someone saves his ass after he has a chance to clear.

All teams hate to do it because it signals and truly is that you're behind the play but sometimes when you are you have to admit it and right the ship. One thing we're not able to do and that's why we get beat lopsidedly, but also the reason we come back too. So ...

Literally all we had to do was give an effort.

We were dominant after that 3rd goal.

But, we refuse to try in games. Not sure if it's lack of preparation by the coaching staff or the players, but it's disgusting.

That is a bad team with a bad goaltender.

Let's not overreact here, it's just one game.

I would have moved Hamhuis last year, he would have got the team a relatively big return - not far removed from the Olympic team, still had a good rep....as much as I like what he has done for the team in the past, its time to start the calculations on what guys like Bieksa and Hamhuis can get you in return.

Why do we only show up on "big games" against good teams and play like crap against bad teams when the playoff race is so tight. It's unacceptable there is no reason why the game shouldn't be tight. Why wouldn't you wanna improve a winning streak it almost makes me think the canucks are borderline retarded sometimes.

So are you saying showing up against good teams is bad? You cannot ever underestimate the "bad teams" you think there are no good players on bad teams? There are, and the fact is they are all human and do you think professional players aren't giving a 100% effort? It's a coincidence that we seem to keep on losing to bad teams, not that we don't give an effort. Go up to any professional player and tell then that they don't give an effort. It's not that the Canucks don't want to improve, it's that they had a bad game.

There is no one else though. Bieksa and Edler have zero puck sense, well Bieksa has more zero shot ability, which leaves .... ?

Tanev?

What about Sbisa he can shoot?

Edit: and skate

Archived