The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[callup] baertschi recalled from AHL

OTOWNCanuck

All you Vey-Bashers seem to forget that Baertschi plays left wing and needs to supplant a left winger to get into the lineup.

Vey is a center, is not keeping Baertschi out of the lineup, and your negative comments about a team member are not serving the team well in any way.

What help is it to the Canucks to have you ranting terrible crap about any player on the team?

Puffs you up, I guess, but that is no help to the team.

"Vancouver is playing much better now that their idiot fans are even more puffed up from smashing Vey."

Put a sock in it or admit you are not fans and do not want the Canucks to win.

Never mind that argument you always use; where your negativity is being misinterpreted and you actually are showing a high level of critical analysis.

It does no good; how can it help the team to hear your crappy comments?

Save it for after the playoffs.

Vey can play center and right wing; who is going to replace Burrows if not Vey?

McMillan can play left wing and center, not right wing.

And Vey might be in the lineup because Richardson is hurting more than he can stand; I heard he had a bone bruise (isn't that what eventually brought Neely down?).

Burr is out; broken rib point probably poking into his lung. Somebody is going to have to play RW; I think it will be Vey or Richardson.

Baertschi may play too (management said he wouldn't play tonight before Burr went to the hospital) and Kennins seems to still be suffering (slow skating for a guy that usually just flies).

Burr was playing RW, so we may see even another Utica player get a chance on RW before this series is over.

It may be Jensen, Bancks, Grenier, O'Reilly, who knows?

Right now, Vey is in the lineup because he is our best option; better to support him than chop him off at the knees.

Why not take a page out of swift4grizz's book and hope that this opportunity is the one that kicks Vey's game up a notch and he has a great game and helps us win?

Come on up; there's lots of room on the bandwagon and lots of good songs yet to be played.

Burrows out, Vey confirmed Richardson is out as well, meaning that Baertschi will play tonight. If so lines would probably look something like (not what I want, but most realistic)

Sedin-sedin-Vrbata
Baertschi-Bonino-Higgins

Matthias-Vey-Dorsett

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

I don't think you want to mess with Kenins-Horvat-Hansen, they've played very well together. I'd love to see Vrby and Baertschi together for secondary scoring, but there is no one else I could see meshing with sedins, despite maybe Hansen, but him and Horvat are playing well together.

John Shorthouse on TSN 1040 saying:

- Burrows got injured on Sunday's game. He was supposedly going to sit out today anyways but re-aggravated his injury during today's skate. Said ambulance came because Burr was having trouble breathing.

- Richardson will be day to day for the remainder of the playoffs. His ankle injury is on/off so don't expect to see Richie play consecutive games. Means Vey will alternate in to take his spot when he can't play.

- Means Baertschi or McMillan is in today due to the 2 injuries to Burr and Richardson.

Vey is two yrs away Bearschi may be more ready as shifty fast skating playmaker with high skill to match iq. we miss big Kass badly sadly he may have played his last game in Van for awhile.mcmillen is smallish smurfish style he will get injured with sustained play at this level an have a shortened career he does not have it .

Archived