The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[callup] baertschi recalled from AHL

OTOWNCanuck

Baertschi is NOT the answer. We need some Sedinery from Hank and Dank, some grit from Burrows, Bieksa, and Dorsett, some power moves to the net by Matthias, and .... Vrbata needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing and scoring like he did during the regular season!

Go Canucks Go!!! I want those Flames fans crying in their sea of red tonight.

Somebody didn't get the memo...

Please make these lines.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

Higgins Bonino Matthias

Kennins Richardson Dorsett

I agree.

Sure hope that Richardson is good to go. I think Vey would get 'worked over' by the Flames. Just like their trying to do with Weber & Tanev.

I agree.

Sure hope that Richardson is good to go. I think Vey would get 'worked over' by the Flames. Just like their trying to do with Weber & Tanev.

I think the physical play of the Flames is overrated. Beyond Bollig, who rarely plays, and Engeland, who barely skates, Ferland is the only one that is physically imposing. Game 3 looked bad because we didn't push back. If we do, I'm sure we'll be every bit as 'relevant' as their physical play is.

It feels like we got lucky that we recalled Sven this morning. Maybe he wasn't gonna play. But now he is.

If Burrows has a broken or cracked rib from last game, then they must have decided to call Baertschi up as a precautionary measure. With Burr being hospitalized, we have to assume Baertschi is now in the lineup.

Personally, I hope he's on the second line with Bonino and Vrbata, since that seemed to work. Lots of people have wanted Matthais to play with the twins, so that could be an idea whose time has come. But it could just as well be Hansen. Sucks to be missing 2 of our 3 regular candidates for the 3rd Sedin.

@JSportsnet:

Expect Linden Vey to be in the Canucks lineup tonight, replacing the injured Alex Burrows.

Damn you Vey for playing in Medicine Hat.

As much as we would all love to see Sven play I think it's in his best interest to sit this one out. He's very much a confidence driven guy and dropping him into game four of such a heated series might not be the best way to go about things. Especially against his former team in a building that will boo him every time he hits the ice.

As much as we would all love to see Sven play I think it's in his best interest to sit this one out. He's very much a confidence driven guy and dropping him into game four of such a heated series might not be the best way to go about things. Especially against his former team in a building that will boo him every time he hits the ice.

So be scared? Is that what you are suggesting? Cowardice?

Vey's in because he's higher up on the depth chart. That's it.

Turns out my suspicions (from my post on page 2) were right. Willie, Jim, and Trev are the kinds of guys who respect what someone like Vey have done for the team all year. I presumed it would be too hard for them to put someone else ahead of a guy who played 75 games this year. I know they talked about the best players getting roster spots but that has more to do with a fresh start at the beginning of the season. Plus it would be hard to justify why Baer gets the opportunity to Vey or his teammates considering Sven only played 3 regular season games.

I'm quite disappointed by the decision. But lets support Vey since pouting and throwing tantrums won't change anything.

Archived