The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning could look at trading Eddie Lack - Article

Don't kid yourself, Quick and Brodeur both benefitted from great team defense.

Roy and Hasek on the other hand...those guys shone in more than one uniform.

P.S.: Osgood wasn't that bad...in fact he was quite stellar in 2008.

Brodeurs last trip to the cup that defense was anything but special. Osgoode was...ok, but he was still on a Babcock coached team with Lidstrom and Holmstrom on the blueline.

We'll never see another Roy or Hasek at that level over that length of time though that's for sure

I says pardon?

CST2003.jpg

Only AVERAGE goalies win a Conn Smythe on the losing team..

My argument against that is those pad sizes. While he was stellar NO question. Babcock coached that team into a defensive masterpiece and that was the year prior to the pads being reduced and we saw what happened after that

I recall nearly falling asleep every game in that finals hahaha and his pads were enormous

Just to give you an idea what other teams fans-pundits are sayin, on Edmonton sports radio the consensus is they would be players if Lack is available but they wouldn't offer their second first round pick (16) straight up.

Assuming that means their 33rd would be in play then? Or Lack +. What could that plus be....

Too bad Matthias wasn't still under contract he'd be useful as part of a package.

Higgins doesn't waive to EDM, neither does Hansen (i don't think)

RFA's stanton or Weber aren't likely enough incentive.

They have no need for Jensen, Shinkaruk or Vey type prospects

We don't have a 2nd or 3rd.

RNH to NSH for Seth Jones

16th Overall to Vancouver for Eddie Lack + 2016 3rd round + Rights to Matthias & Stanton

Fayne to WSH for Laich

Draft McDavid 1st overall

Draft Greenway/Zboril/Carlo @ 33

ha if only it was that simple

Assuming that means their 33rd would be in play then? Or Lack +. What could that plus be....

Too bad Matthias wasn't still under contract he'd be useful as part of a package.

Higgins doesn't waive to EDM, neither does Hansen (i don't think)

RFA's stanton or Weber aren't likely enough incentive.

They have no need for Jensen, Shinkaruk or Vey type prospects

We don't have a 2nd or 3rd.

RNH to NSH for Seth Jones

16th Overall to Vancouver for Eddie Lack + 2016 3rd round + Rights to Matthias & Stanton

Fayne to WSH for Laich

Draft McDavid 1st overall

Draft Greenway/Zboril/Carlo @ 33

ha if only it was that simple

They will not trade RNH, not even for Jones. They figure the CMD pick just gives them the option to not re-sign Roy, they will go with Connor, RNH Lander and Gordon on the fourth. There are some delusional fans that think resigning Roy is worth it because he has some chemistry with Yak though, but that would make them potentially the softest team down the middle since the advent of the game lol.

They will not trade RNH, not even for Jones. They figure the CMD pick just gives them the option to not re-sign Roy, they will go with Connor, RNH Lander and Gordon on the fourth. There are some delusional fans that think resigning Roy is worth it because he has some chemistry with Yak though, but that would make them potentially the softest team down the middle since the advent of the game lol.

Short term I don’t see them getting rid of RNH, long term he’s gone. McDavid #1 center Leon #2. Gives them skill and size and a very tough one two punch to match. Plus RNH will fetch a hefty return.

Ok strictly armchair GM, while were on the RNH topic

Kessel (retain 1 million) + Nylander for Malkin

Dion (retain 1 million) + Bozak for RNH

4th overall + Kadri for Jones

Lupul + Reimer + 25th overall for Cam Ward + Skinner

I'd like to see Miller dealt as much as the next person in that camp, but all the signs are that it won't happen. The way Benning frames the issue as "deciding about Eddie's future" telegraphs either that they will deal him or keep him as part of a tandem with Miller. If it were about "deciding Ryan's future" or "deciding who are #1 is", the spotlight would be falling elsewhere, and where it belongs IMHO. That in combination with the probability that there would be a bigger market for Lack suggests he's the one most likely to be moved. Which sucks (unless we somehow manage to get a pick in the middle of the first round).

Research? Um he was 1.84 GA the year he won the cup. Cory Crawford is a solid goaltender who is not average, go watch him play.

He is playing behind one of the best defensive teams in the league. Not to mention one of the best all around teams in years.

He is the anchor stopping this team from winning every year and has almost lost his job to a rookie this whole playoff.

Fair at best

My prediction. Miller or Lack is dealt by draft. We want it to be Miller but just like the Luongo situation the vet with the NTC is a hard piece to move and in the end the younger goalie will be dealt since the return will be bigger.

No, no. They're only facts of you look at them from EXACTLY Junkyard's point of view. Any variation from that is "speculation"...lol

Short term I don’t see them getting rid of RNH, long term he’s gone. McDavid #1 center Leon #2. Gives them skill and size and a very tough one two punch to match. Plus RNH will fetch a hefty return.

Terrible, just terrible...Kessel and Nylander won't get Malkin unless TO is throwing in their 1st round pick.

Dion is a cap dump which just leaves Bozak for RNH? Are you kidding me?

Jones for 4th overall and Kadri isn't bad but Nashville won't give up Jones.

Lupul + Reimer????? for Skinner? must be dreaming on that one since Skinner is still a really young, skilled player unless you are throwing in another prospect to even it up.

My prediction. Miller or Lack is dealt by draft. We want it to be Miller but just like the Luongo situation the vet with the NTC is a hard piece to move and in the end the younger goalie will be dealt since the return will be bigger.

Garrison spent 2 seasons here while Bieksa spent his whole career here so I don't really get that comparison. Not saying that it is guarantee that Bieksa will not waive his NTC but I am trying to be real here. After asked in his post season pressure whether or not Benning has approached him to waive he was pretty quick to say no and state his loyalties are in Vancouver. Bieksa looked pretty reluctant and upset when it was brought up.

Yes Benning said he is not afraid to ask people to waive and probably will try but I am going by terms of likeliness and I see it more unlikely than likely that Bieksa waives. Don't get me wrong either, I would praise Benning if he found a way to move Bieksa but I do not see it happening.

If Benning believes Markstrom could be the future then my guess is he trades Lack over Miller. He knows Miller is capable of playing 60+ if need be and as you pointed out Lack would garner the bigger return. Lack/Markstrom present too much of a risk hence why they signed Miller in the 1st place.

No, no. They're only facts of you look at them from EXACTLY Junkyard's point of view. Any variation from that is "speculation"...lol

I did point out that I was speculating as well. As I said before I have facts to support my theory. Sorry if I have upset you with anything I have said to make you reply in such an noncontributing manner.

There's actually been talk of shopping Leon for a top 4 Dman a year or two further in development. And I'm not much for armchair anything except for beer drinking but if even 1 of those moves came off, Shanahan or whoever his G.M. will be would go straight to the hall of fame.

I did point out that I was speculating as well. As I said before I have facts to support my theory. Sorry if I have upset you with anything I have said to make you reply in such an noncontributing manner.

We're speculating on the same facts Junk ;)

I would like to keep Lack and Markstrom, and trade Miller

Miller has a Limited NTC which calls for a list of 5 teams he will go to.

"His contract is three years, $18 million in total, with a $6 million cap each year.

Millers modified no-trade clause reportedly allows him to provide the Canucks with list of only 5 teams he'll allow for trade."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1426152/vancouver-canucks-sign-goaltender-ryan-miller/

Ask him to supply his list, and make a deal,

3rd round pick and carry $1.5M for his 2 remaining seasons.

We get $4.5M in cap relief and keep both Lack and Markstrom.

I have the feeling Benning is going to ask a few players to waive their NTC's

Archived