The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Mike Babcock chooses the Toronto Maple Leafs

So I just gotta say, TO just told the fans that they were doing a long term rebuild, building from the ground up and trading away all their players, so they bring in a coach to help them do what exactly? Have they abandoned their rebuild already? This makes no sense.

Purely political. They're trying to give their fans hope. Again.

Tripple whammy actually, as they missed out on Ekblad last year, which was an incredible miss. Ekblad will be a better d-man than McD will be as a forward, and you can quote me on it.

I would have said the triple whammy was being Buffalo.

But you make a good point.

PREDICTION:

Should TBay win the Cup, Stevie Y will send a nice youth package to TO for perhaps JVR(maybe a 3 for 1).

Why would TBay give up youth when they just won the cup? Usually you need that youth to replace players that are too expensive to keep.

So I just gotta say, TO just told the fans that they were doing a long term rebuild, building from the ground up and trading away all their players, so they bring in a coach to help them do what exactly? Have they abandoned their rebuild already? This makes no sense.

They know they should be rebuilding, as theminister says it's more of a re-tool as TO cannot afford to rebuild, the team added the best possible coach out there, maybe not the best for the their player group but overall the biggest name and best resume.

False hope in Toronto, but to be honest they need to rebuild if they want to do it right, but they won't, it will be a re-tool along with the best possible coach.....how that translates ? not too optimistic for next season at least.

Babcock is a great coach and has even had success with young players. I don't know if you want a rookie coach teaching other rookies how to play/develop. Babcock is well-established and will guide them in the right direction.

Babcock is a great coach and has even had success with young players. I don't know if you want a rookie coach teaching other rookies how to play/develop. Babcock is well-established and will guide them in the right direction.

I guess? But Babcock is going to try and win games, and if he's as great of a coach as everyone says he is, then he will win games, making TO a middle of the pack team again.

*that or he loses games and everyone hates him.

Leafs have always fallen, & are clogging up the sewers, as every winter sets in.

It's like asking one man to rearrange the laws of nature..the ULTIMATE coaching challenge.

Should they even make the PO's, Leafer-diehards will look upon Babs like he's Sir Edmund Hillary.

Even though moves like this seem desperate, it makes you wonder if Canucks ownership/management are agressive enough in the direction they need to go.

I'm hoping they speed up the process of rebuilding this summer, because I don't think fans wanna see playoffs again if it is a repeat of what we saw this year.

Even though moves like this seem desperate, it makes you wonder if Canucks ownership/management are agressive enough in the direction they need to go.

I'm hoping they speed up the process of rebuilding this summer, because I don't think fans wanna see playoffs again if it is a repeat of what we saw this year.

Pretty scary when you compare the existing Canuck roster against CUP competitive teams in the NHL. IMO

the history of poor player development makes the current crop more exciting than warranted. But the reality is that the

depth is still very thin and the room for any prospect failure is nil. But we all know that 100% of the

prospects will not be Bo Horvats. The long term hope has to be that Linden and Benning to have a eye for

talent and will not be rail roaded into trading them away for short teerm gain. That is the Canuck

record.

Archived