The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations Jason Garrison

40DollarOnion

This Garrison stuff is getting out of control, he's not that good, he's playing a good role on an excellent team. He was with us, and the new brass wanted him out as he was not part of their plans. Good luck to him. End of story?

30 pt season, only one less than Edler.

With Garrison reaching the finals, inevitably on this forum there will be talk about how letting him go was a mistake, how we should get him back, and all sorts of other knee jerk reactions to a former player doing well.

I think we should congratulate a player who last off season was asked to waive a no trade, did, and got traded away from his home town hockey team. So Congratulations to Garrison, have an awesome Stanley Cup final, and help Tampa Bay win, because I sure as heck do not want to see Kesler or the Blackhawks win the cup this year.

Agree that I was going to pull for Tampa against either Chicago or Anaheim.

And I might as well add my name to the list of people who hate the Garrison trade. Actually, if anyone was keeping such a list, my name would have already been on it many times.

I like Garrison and he really liked being in Vancouver and did not want to be traded. Winning a cup will take no doubt take the sting away however. And many Vancouver fans will feel good for him.

He was never physical enough and his shot was nearly always off target. He had a laboured skating style but ultimately he wasn't that bad. I think the main reason Benning chose to trade him was as I have said.

Just another unexceptional cap hit who didn't quite fit the new direction.

I'm hoping he gets a SC though as he was a good type, a hard worker, and he didn't make a drama over being asked to void his ntc.

Congratulations Ryan Kesler Alain Vigneault Jason Garrison on having a chance to win a Stanley Cup. Now that your team has made it to the finals (and won nothing yet), we can all sit back and wonder what could have been if we kept you. Our GM sucks. blah blah blah.

Yours truly,
apparently Canuck fans everywhere

Archived