The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks shopping Eddie Lack for second round pick

Ugh, a few years ago it was, oh we have Luongo, Schneider looks like he is ready to be a number one, and the kid down there named Eddie Lack? Oh he will come up and be a back up soon and eventually the new number one. Goalie Graveyard no more!

And in just a few years, all 3 of them are going to be gone.

Did anyone actually click on the original source...

All it is is a list of goalies who are 'out there', and what Benning would like in return.

It doesn't mean Lack specifically is being shopped.

Eddie Lack Canucks

The Canucks are trying to make room for Jacob Markstrom and GM Jim Benning is seeking a second-round pick in return.

That is the entire extent to which Lack is mentioned in the article. Benning could just as well be trying to make room for Markstrom by moving Miller for a 2nd pick.

There is a lot of goalies who are close to Lack's capability in the league so the market for him won't be too high. I think Lack is capable of being a starter in the league but I'd take a 2nd happily. I'm not a fan of Miller but I could live with him for 2 years of mediocrity because there is probably no market for him.

Hopefully after Miller goes and Sedins retire we can get this rebuild over with.

Did anyone actually click on the original source...

All it is is a list of goalies who are 'out there', and what Benning would like in return.

It doesn't mean Lack specifically is being shopped.

Was just going to point it out too. No real news to talk about and creates a misleading article for hits lol.

It's tough for him to be starter with Miller around so one has to be moved. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens come draft day even if this is just a rumour. Making room for Markstrom would give us our first legitimate backup goalie in years so that's interesting.

Archived