The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blues open to moving Backes, Oshie, Berglund

Backes? Arseholes are great when they are on your team...

Not trading for him. But wouldn't it be funny to sign him and Seabrook next year. Then lining up Backes against Kess in a play off series. That would be FUN!

And its not totally unrealistic. We have contracts for Vrbata, Hammer & Bieksa expiring next year. :)

Apples? Vrbata + Higgins for Oshie

Good suggestion.

They could justify losing Oshie because they also get cap space at the end of next year to position as they please after going for it.

Would not mind adding something and getting fairly mature (done 3 years college at UND) PMD prospect Schmaltz.

Horvat and Lack for Backes? Cause that's the minimum it would cost. Nucks don't have the depth of assets to give up. I could see Calgary or Edmonton being trading partners with the Blues.

i would rather have the third pick from coyotes then backes. and bo horvat is unmovable i imagine in bennings mind.

Those guys are a huge pile of disappointment. Good enough to make Edmonton a playoff team. Not good enough to win in Edmonton.

Hey, they should go to Edmonton!

Basically this, or Calgary, same thing really...

Gross. I wouldn't trade Horvat for Backes straight up. Not at all what this franchise needs right now.

You're right that the Canucks don't have the depth to make a reasonable offer.

Seriously. Why don't the Canucks just fold. According to you and a few others, the Canucks have no abilities except getting rid of the wrong goalie.

The stupidity on this site is astonishing. No imagination. All reactionary.

The Canucka will never win a Cup and I blame you and your type.

And you call yourselves fans.

Horvat and Lack for Backes? Cause that's the minimum it would cost. Nucks don't have the depth of assets to give up. I could see Calgary or Edmonton being trading partners with the Blues.

You could have worded it better so that people could understand your point. It's too bad about the lack of reading comprehension among the posters.

I agree that Backes would command at least a top prospect or two and probably a first rounder, assets we're not in a position to give up, like you've stated.

You could have worded it better so that people could understand your point. It's too bad about the lack of reading comprehension among the posters.

I agree that Backes would command at least a top prospect or two and probably a first rounder, assets we're not in a position to give up, like you've stated.

Get bergland

Henrik

Bergland

Bonino

Horvat

Get Berglund and move Bonino. If St. Louis wants to move veterans and get other veterans in return (presumably because they have the same issue of the same stale core of guys like we do).... then Bonino going the other way works for them. He is much cheaper of the two.

They are also in the mix for a goalie, so it is not impossible to have a deal that ends up with a few pieces going either way. They have the opposite strengths in their prospects pool than us. We could use one of their defensive prospects, they could use one of our centres.

Oshie is undersized and disappears in crucial moments. Berglund is inconsistent as hell but he does have size and good faceoff ability. Backes I would of loved to have....3 years ago.

Canucks won't be in the mix for any of these guys imo

Backes! Please!

Could we unload a Kassian package for one of them? He's right up Hitchcock's alley.

I am not into trading anymore draft picks.

They want a hockey trade, player for player not one guy for a bunch of lesser assets

Archived