The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[video] 2015 Draft Preview with JB: "hoping at add at least a 2nd round pick"

TheRussianRocket.

HF board long timer hockey widow suggests Richardson resigns and JB is honing in on a young centre.

Girgensons or Reinhart anyone?

Can you provide a line ot the thread please and thank you. Hockey Widow is a pretty valid source for those wondering.

Young centre is probably Braydenn Schen IMO

The young centre thing just sounds like Benning is kicking the tires on what it will take to aquire one

Richardson is good insurance, especially since Vey has proven he is not ready for a full time role

Or the young center is Grigerenko who is rumored to want out of Buffalo.

They need a goalie as well so they would be a good trading partner.

Spot on assessment imo.

Benning is being cagey and non-committal about the goalies. Logic dictates that Lack will be moved due to cap issues in 2016-17. It would be a shame if Lack had to go. He will be a solid if unspectacular starting goaltender but his great attitude and outstanding work ethic should not be ignored. Thise are qualities that Benning covets (ie Dorsett) and may be why Benning still appears to be undecided. The smart business decision will win out imo.

Dealing with cap issues for this upcoming season I expect depends on opportunity and would require him to speculate. Obvuiosly he won't do that.

I suspect that these Kenward interviews are pre-scripted for content.

The plot thickens. I just read Kuzma's article in today's Province.

Quote:

“Ownership is real supportive of what we decide to do and if we have a little bit more money tied up in our goaltenders for one year to give us good goaltending, I don’t have a problem with that,” said Benning.

Maybe they keep Lack after all.

Edit: June 18 Province

Or the young center is Grigerenko who is rumored to want out of Buffalo.

They need a goalie as well so they would be a good trading partner.

Want no part of him since he's already threatening to go to the khl. Sounds like a nightmare player with character issues.

Want no part of him since he's already threatening to go to the khl. Sounds like a nightmare player with character issues.

He's an RFA now. He has every right to go to the KHL if he wants. That doesn't mean he has character issues.

If anything he's just telling Buffalo that he sees no opportunity for himself there. Which there isn't.

It's no different than what Hodgson or Baertschi did.

He's an RFA now. He has every right to go to the KHL if he wants. That doesn't mean he has character issues.

If anything he's just telling Buffalo that he sees no opportunity for himself there. Which there isn't.

It's no different than what Winter or Baertschi did.

FTFY

Nah. Good old north american boys like ryan johansen threaten to hold out as an rfa, while russians threaten to go to the khl where you could lose him forever or years. It's why teams are scared of drafting russians so highly and why players like kucherov and tarasenko fall. Sometimes it pays off for teams like the blues and lightning, while other times teams get burned like with radulov.

Nah. Good old north american boys like ryan johansen threaten to hold out as an rfa, while russians threaten to go to the khl where you could lose him forever or years. It's why teams are scared of drafting russians so highly and why players like kucherov and tarasenko fall. Sometimes it pays off for teams like the blues and lightning, while other times teams get burned like with radulov.

All of them want more money/opportunity, it's really no different. Other than the fact that Russian players have a second option to go play at home.

Grigorenko wants to stay in the NHL, it's most likely just a threat. Buffalo would be wise to trade him now however.

in terms of value...

lack late 1st/early 2nd rounder

bonino 2nd rounder

corrado 3rd rounder

Would you trade #9 for #23,#30,#45 and #75?

Looking at it that way I would say yes (unless provorov fell)

Bonino's production and contract is worth a late 1st.

Trying to be objective and not overvalue our players. His cap hit is amazing though, could be worth a lot to a contender with no cap space.

The plot thickens. I just read Kuzma's article in today's Province.

Quote:

Ownership is real supportive of what we decide to do and if we have a little bit more money tied up in our goaltenders for one year to give us good goaltending, I dont have a problem with that, said Benning.

Maybe they keep Lack after all.

Edit: June 18 Province

He's referring to Miller and his awful contract/salary

The first part is ok.

Schneider>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lack for reason that have been exampled in a million other threads

you're again saying 21+(20-30) = 9th overall. that is a GROSS under esitmation of the value of the 9th overall pick. Would you trade 9th overall for two picks in the 20's? if so i'm glad you're not the GM of the Canucks/any NHL team

I would trade the 9th pick for 2 picks in the early 20s if the landscape was right. It really depends on the situation. Just cause a player is ranked somewhere doesnt mean that's their ceiling compared to their draft class. We could see some gems we think might be better then x player at 9 OA. It really depends. Look at the past 10 draft years and see how many people ranked 9th had successful careers vs those after them. Draft intel is key and we got some good peeps so don't fret and be nice.

Archived