The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

If Benning all of a sudden did a 180 and traded Miller to San Jose, it would be pretty epic.

They do have the cap space, and Miller has already expressed an interest in playing in California.

How many times does Benning have to say he isn't trading Miller before people erase this from their minds?

He is right up there in the most translucent GM list

How many times does Benning have to say he isn't trading Miller before people erase this from their minds?

He is right up there in the most translucent GM list

Gillis also said he was trading Luongo, and then traded Schneider.

Circumstances can change pretty quickly. I wouldn't put too much stock into what a GM says. They don't wanna reveal their hand until they have to.

2nd + prospect? Would have to be a bottom end prospect or they would walk away.

Would you be happy with that return? Which teams do you see be a suitor? How about Higgins? Value, return, personal satisfaction, and which team do you see doing it?

Circumstances can change pretty quickly. I wouldn't put too much stock into what a GM says. They don't wanna reveal their hand until they have to.

I fail to see which goaltender on our roster has a lifetime contract, full no movement clause, and the desire to play in only one city. Miller's wife being an actress is in no way the same as Luongo's family living in Florida. CDC's fever dream has got to end.

Just realized that, for some reason I thought he had another year. Even more need for a goalie then.

Theey have 17 million in cap space as well. They might be willing to take on Millers contract.

Yeah that’s why Lack makes perfect sense. Not only can he provide current #1 goaltending for cheap, He can also be part of the second core as he fit in their age range. Helps them improve on winning now and in the future

Pavelski 30, Burns 30, Couture 26, Vlasic 28, Wingles 27

Lack 27

Bieska + lack and that still gives them a ton of cap to go after Mike Green, The PMD they’ve been missing since Boyle left.

Kind of feel like we missed out on the Buffalo boat. I would have liked to get the 21st, but hopefully Bennings has a better deal.

Considering Buffalo was said to value Talbot and Lack the same, and assumedly more than Lehner, perhaps Benning has something even better cooking. Then again, Tim Murray might have slept on it and had a change (or loss) of mind.

If it is for San Jose's first, I would think they wait till the draft to announce it. That's usually the way it goes.

If it's for the 9th, it could be conditional on who's still on the board. But if that 9th is available, JB's pretty much got to take it so then it may well be locked in and announced after the 8th.

I fail to see which goaltender on our roster has a lifetime contract, full no movement clause, and the desire to play in only one city. Miller's wife being an actress is in no way the same as Luongo's family living in Florida. CDC's fever dream has got to end.

The point is GMs can change their minds, and people that believe everything they say to the media are gullible.

But when you say something like " I don't feel confortable going into the season with Lack and Markstrom you are drawing a pretty clear line in the sand.

If Benning all of a sudden did a 180 and traded Miller to San Jose, it would be pretty epic.

They do have the cap space, and Miller has already expressed an interest in playing in California.

It would be awesome....too awesome to even be possible.

Archived