The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

They won't. It's suicide.

I think they could. Right now, they are in a retool/rebuild, but with core guys like Burns, Thornton, Marleau, and Pavelski getting older, their time to win is now, unless they trade away a few of those guys and go into a full rebuild.

exactly...

If they give up their 9th their GM should be fired. Im thinking its their second rounder thats in play.

I'd settle for:

VAN

2nd (39 OA)

T. Hertl

B Prospect

SJS

Bieksa

Markstrom

1st (23 OA)

It is in effect trading down to get a player later in the rounds, as well as a great young player.

SJS keeps their 9th and adds a 23rd OA pick.

I think they could. Right now, they are in a retool/rebuild, but with core guys like Burns, Thornton, Marleau, and Pavelski getting older, their time to win is now, unless they trade away a few of those guys and go into a full rebuild.

But their team couldnt even make the playoffs...they are more than one piece away from being a contender. Getting Bieksa makes them older...i cant see them trading their first rounder in any sort of package.

Markstrom isn’t going to SJ. What reasoning would SJ want with Markstrom? So they could lose him to waivers. Or do they think Stalock/Markstrom combo is going to take them to the cup within their closing window? Sharks need a number one goalie. If Vancouver is sending a goalie to SJ, it’s going to be one that could be there #1 goalie this year. Marsktrom doesn’t really fit that bill, but Lack certainly does. It’s not rocket science.

im thinking that the lehner deal was pulled because we will be sending a goalie to sjs with juice. Thats my guess anyways

It's the likeliest scenario as of now. Lack >>> Lehner, not only in my biased view but also reputedly in Buffalo's initial priorities, so something must have changed for them to do this. I'd really like some closure on this, though!

But their team couldnt even make the playoffs...they are more than one piece away from being a contender. Getting Bieksa makes them older...i cant see them trading their first rounder in any sort of package.

But who would they trade for the rumoured package?

Lack/Markstrom, Bieksa, and our 23 has enough value to get the 9th overall. If we got the 2nd instead, the other piece would have to be pretty significant.

But who would they trade for the rumoured package?

Lack/Markstrom, Bieksa, and our 23 has enough value to get the 9th overall. If we got the 2nd instead, the other piece would have to be pretty significant.

I can see them giving up their first if the canucks give up the 23rd in a package....

I agree it would be a bad move on their part. I don't think it's too far fetched if they get their goalie and the 23rd though. More talk about them gunning for Bieksa than a goalie has me wondering now. If they go and spend an 2nd or similar asset on Bieksa what are they hitting the goalie market with?

If it is for San Jose's first, I would think they wait till the draft to announce it. That's usually the way it goes.

Yeah if this drags out all day with no trade going down you gotta think we're getting that 9th.

Archived