The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Kings acquire Milan Lucic

Would we have been prepared to give up:

Cassells

1st round pick (23rd)

Lack

To get lucic for 1 year??? Doubt it. it sounds like that is roughly what LA gave up.

That would have probably been too rich for my blood, however perhaps Lucic has a verbal agreement in place for a contract extension?

It's consumerism gone mad! The "gotta have one of those" because "everybody else has one" fever pitch of these forums is great reading as long as you guard against your own anxiety being raised to unhealthy levels. And all this for Lucic? A 6 million dollar, 18 goal scorer who loses his schidt once a week and makes himself and his team look stupid?

@TSNBobMcKenzie:

Milan Lucic trade call with LA is done. BOS gets a player, a prospect and the 13th pick in today's draft. #TSN

@TSNBobMcKenzie:

As @FriedgeHNIC reported, LA player is goaltender Martin Jones.

So Lack, Virtanen and 23rd and Lucic is ours?

R U kidding me???

To all those saying Lucic will be in Vancouver next year, what makes you so sure? What makes you so sure he just won't re-sign with LA?

LA doesn't have the cap space to keep him.

Kopitar is due for a re-up and Voynov will probably be reinstated, next year.

Boston TWO YEARS AGO was in the cup finals AND won a cup 4 years ago decided to re-build.

We, the losers are gonna be wannabe hipsters saying "tanking ain't cool."

Typical canuck thing to do :lol:

Yep I Don't get when this team is going to admit they need to rebuild. Another year of seeing the core hurray! This team needs to start trading away veterans UFA's either today or at the deadline. I don't know what plan Benning has but it seems like it points towards being mediocre, which will bite us in the behind.

Archived