The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Virtanen is a cancer. Unless he changes his attitude getting rid of him is the best option. He should have been sent down immediately when he called out Willie. He never should have started in the NHL and he shouldn't be on the team next year either, if he's not traded.

Jake has/is changing his attitude, he will be fine...at the very least as a 3rd liner.

....just watch....

Boeser like I said before and the Chipper immortalized for me "has that thing ....like Bossy"  I don't quite remember the whole quote but the idea is that he can see things we can't and hits his spot more than not...wrister or slapper...just like Bossy and that he will be a first line player within 2 years (next year is more likely).

There is no way he is spending any time in the AHL unless it is due to injury rehab. (if he where to get injured).

His wrist looks strong enough now so I don't see it being an issue.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2017 at 2:04 AM, Pepe Silvia said:

That's the biggest thing right now, his skating. He doesn't seem to have that last gear and his acceleration is lacking. It's expected though. He's young and used to the college pace. An off season working on his skating will do wonders for him. Once he completely matures, he's going to be a very dangerous player.

I expect him to put in the necessary work on his skating before training camp. If we can see his deficiencies in his skating, I am sure he noticed it on the ice playing against NHLers. That is another advantage of having Boeser play in the NHL this season.

9 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Thank you Brock for giving us something to cheer about the last two weeks.

I hope he can improve his skating and become a legit offensive threat for this club.

It's funny. Skating ability is probably one of the things I'm least concerned about in young players/prospects early on. Look at Horvat. His speed was probably his biggest concern coming out of the draft, and now he's one of the fastest players on the team.

Long story short: Skating can always be improved upon. I think what's most important in young players is hockey IQ and drive, which Boeser seems to have in spades.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, clearly he stole your GF or killed your dog - that or you simply are the least transparent troll in history.   What incredible insight you have that no one else seems to.

He is a kid.   A kid who has immense raw talent of size, strength and speed who needs to be coached and developed and may become one helluva professional hockey player - or not - but a cancer?   Lazy?   Not sure what you do but I assume you were chosen for your job from thousands of people and that you are watched by thousands of people who judge your every move and question ever action.   

I don't buy the "stole his girlfriend" or "killed his dog" possibilities. My guess is troll. The biggest clue is how he uses the Brock Boeser thread to talk about how Jake, one of the Canuck's most valuable prospects, who by all reports is working very hard this year, is a lazy, entitled cancer. 

Edited by WeneedLumme

Why should anyone care about Virtanen in a Boeser thread? Virtanen as of the moment is undoubtedly the inferior prospect compared to Boeser right now. 

What the reality is, is that Jake is the wrong pick at 6 like it or not. But he's also young and immature, and even though him having a bad year is a huge understatement with all things considered, he's working hard and trying to get it together. As Canuck fans and hockey fans, it's true we shouldn't be blindly cheering for a prospect. But it means we should still cheer them on and hope that they make they can contribute to our team and to the game of hockey as much as they possibly can.

Sometimes crticism is warranted, and even welcomed, but there comes to a point where it's over the top.

Which is why I believe once you're making things up about a prospect in another prospect thread, you have crossed that very solid line. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-11 at 0:35 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On 2017-04-20 at 0:58 AM, CoolCanucklehead said:

GREAT KID,

IMG_1890.PNG

Awesome to have him! Thanks Jim! Love everything about him. Love what he brings on the ice and what he does off the ice. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...