The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

44 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

haha what do you mean? like the character's voice when you have the sound on?

Having lived this myself, I can confirm. However, there's a very real possibility that hockey is the money maker at UND.

Yeah, like in Red: A Wild Sean Monahan appears! *concurrently: Yeerrngh!!

2 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

haha what do you mean? like the character's voice when you have the sound on?

Having lived this myself, I can confirm. However, there's a very real possibility that hockey is the money maker at UND.

That's true.  Yet, the hockey guys tend to actually legitimately pass their courses.

Who was the guy we had that was caught cheating at Harvard?  

22 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Any one remember Landon Wilson, first round pick of TO 19th O/A. He's a UND alumina and racked up pretty good numbers 18 + 15 = 33 pts in 35 games. His career in the NHL............ :(

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=16381

I hope they don't put pressure on this kid to be a star player

He wouldn't be the first 1st round pick to not reach expectations and he won't be the last.

I think the UND program is much stronger now than it was back than, and has produced many more notable players. For his coach to mention him along with Oshie and Toews says alot. That being said there's still alot of development to go with him.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's true.  Yet, the hockey guys tend to actually legitimately pass their courses.

Who was the guy we had that was caught cheating at Harvard?  

Well we don't know this for sure. I'd imagine that there is some special circumstances in place to make academic life easier for the kids. Priority registration, study hall, tutors, etc. One semester I took a class that was mandatory for all student athletes...it was taught by my baseball coach, and if you didn't get at least a B- you seriously screwed up. 

Edit: I believe you're talking about Patrick McNally, who's now with SJ. I'm not sure what happened at Harvard though.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

On June 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yaay another 3rd line guy. Thank you Benning, keep filling this team up with 3rd line guys. Thank you benning freaking thank you!

Years from now we will be saying " we could of had Travis Konecy"

On June 27, 2015 at 6:43 PM, BanTSN said:

Disappointing.

On June 27, 2015 at 6:48 PM, BanTSN said:

You know the pick is a joke if only Gstank is excited about it.

Monthly reminder 

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He wouldn't be the first 1st round pick to not reach expectations and he won't be the last.

I think the UND program is much stronger now than it was back than, and has produced many more notable players. For his coach to mention him along with Oshie and Toews says alot. That being said there's still alot of development to go with him.

lets hope so I wasn't that excited with what I watched in the WJC but it is a 19 year old tourney there again it's along way from the NHL

25 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

lets hope so I wasn't that excited with what I watched in the WJC but it is a 19 year old tourney there again it's along way from the NHL

I saw alot of supposed high end blue chip prospects struggle in this tournament.

I don't put too much stock into it. The transition from junior to the AHL is much more telling for me.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Monthly reminder 

I've moved on.

Plenty of additional sports entertainment business related to the team has transpired since the 2015 draft.  Maybe you can start getting really excited about the next draft, if you haven't already.  I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think you enjoy NHL hockey drafts.  It is but one element available for the fans to get excited about.

North Dakota has been elite for a long time now, going all the way back to the Dave Christian, Dave Tippett, James Patrick, Doug Smail, Troy Murray era. I didn't realize that Dennis Hextall played there way back in the mid sixties though. He was one tough hombre * Fun fact -  his brother Bryan (Ron's pops) played for the WHL Canucks on a line with Bob Barlow and Murray Hall dubbed 'the high forehead line.'

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204969475

Edited by Salmonberries
typo

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

North Dakota has been elite for a long time now, going all the way back to the Dave Christian, Dave Tippett, James Patrick, Doug Smail, Troy Murray era. I didn't realize that Dennis Hextall played there way back in the mid sixties though. He was one tough hombre * Fun fact -  his brother Bryan (Ron's pops) played for the WHL Canucks on a line with Bob Barlow and Murray Hall dubbed 'the high forehead line.'

Great Program for sure and if I recall correctly Boeser had commited to another team but swapped for a place with UND. Great facilities in Fargo I think I'm sure he'll get great development there

17 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Great Program for sure and if I recall correctly Boeser had commited to another team but swapped for a place with UND. Great facilities in Fargo I think I'm sure he'll get great development there

I think it was Wisconsin if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, Nd1989 said:

I didn't know much about boeser before the draft but man can he ever shoot the puck.

For a late first I think JB got a steal, can't wait to see what this kid does when he turns pro.

Haven't seen Boeser play much, but I'd compare him to Pacioretty. Which indeed would be a really nice steal.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

As opposed to the sloping brow line?  :P

Can't find the link right now but Auston Matthews had a interview recently, had high praise for brock saying he will be a special player. Take it for what its worth but coming from a elite talent you got to think they have a pretty good read on players abilities

• Upvote 1