The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

This kid is an absolute gamer. Wanted him at the draft and was hoping he would be there, and was thrilled when we picked him. He goes to the hard areas to score, and he has an absolute laser of a shot. Let him grow a little, mature and he will do good things in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I believe he was ranked 9th overall on buttons list. He creates his list on how he believes the players will be at the nhl level,  

so to see him climb up that list into the top 5 wouldn't be a surprised as button had him notched in at 9 in the top 10.

Good take a look where button had virtanen on his list.

I take him and his opinion with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

A few things from this video.

-Those were some awesome commentators. 

-On Boeser's first goal, it didnt show here, but he carried the puck around with like 4 guys on him as he went around the net, passed it to his d, got the puck back and nearly obliterated the goalie with that NHL caliber shot. I've never seen anyone shoot as good as Boeser in our prospect pool. I'm not talking about shooting the hardest or just accuracy. This kid has both hard, scary, and ACCURATE shot. The last time I was really excited ( I mean overly excited of our prospects) was none other than Shinkaruk. 

-This UND team looks like an NHL team really. They've also got a huge fanbase.

-Schmaltz looks very nice

-Hopefully Boeser finishes his degree there. I see no reason to rush him into signing quickly. No doubt in my mind he'll sign here especially since were going to need him once he's ready.

-I find it weird that scouts say Boeser is explosive with the puck, but they also say his skating is not there. Usually, explosive players have excellent skating to accommodate their explosiveness. You could tell anytime he had the puck in his previous goals and assists clips, his skating was there.

Anyways, i might sound like a huuuge homer on Boeser right now, but really, it's impressive what's he's done this year. I'll say it again. When we first picked Boeser, I wasn't mad or anything but certainly he wasn't someone I wanted. Patrick White came into mind immediately and I was kind of worrying how Boeser might turn out to be. But he's proved all of us wrong since Day 1 pretty much.

Long story short, Boeser's someone to watch.

Looks like the fans really support the team down there... Not much else to do in North Dakota really. 

1 hour ago, davydgoliath said:

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!
Tank nation should pay closer attention to the oilers. 

I feel like everyone against getting a high draft pick shows the oilers as an example, so what? its not like they had bad drafts... they have a crap ton of amazing players that can win them a cup, its just that they don't have that leadership and finish to do so. Drafting high can never hurt you look at Crosby, Ovechkin, sundin, Kane, stamkos, toews, karlsson, sedins 

Just now, numb3r 16 said:

I feel like everyone against getting a high draft pick shows the oilers as an example, so what? its not like they had bad drafts... they have a crap ton of amazing players that can win them a cup, its just that they don't have that leadership and finish to do so. Drafting high can never hurt you look at Crosby, Ovechkin, sundin, Kane, stamkos, toews, karlsson, sedins 

Yeah, think the main point is that a single high-end pick isn't going to be the savior of the club. It takes a collective system of players with competitive prowess to do so. The theory of tanking is built around the process of moving out good players and competitiveness of the team to get more picks and to drive the team lower in order to get this "savior".

I'd rather have picks in the 5-10 range and have these prospects build up in a competitive environment rather than doing what the leafs are doing atm.

• Upvote 2

Boeser is going to be a great player. I am starting to see why Benning looked like he just won the lotto with him lol. His excitement and enthusiasm during the player interview was hilarious.  He's like he's going to be a good scorer for us for a long time. Something along those lines might of made part of if up.  

2 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

If the oilers haven't had a bad draft then name someone on their team picked after the first round in those "not bad drafts"

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

This post is diatribe, but your right he does need to work on his skating. If he can he will be a star player in my opinion.  

15 hours ago, Grape said:

He's not an absolute burner, but gets around well enough to dance the other team into a goal.

5 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

I would ague that, in hindsight, the Oilers have drafted relatively poorly. The end result of their years of stockpiling no 1 picks is a soft, one dimensional team. Any decent GM (that isn't handcuffed) could have moved some of those assets around to properly fill out their lineup, making for a much better and more well rounded team.