The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

6 hours ago, WTG said:

Either this year or next year. Some of the stuff I've read (quotes and such) it sounds like Boeser is inclined to sign after the season ends. But that is just me speculating.

Gallagher is correct in thinking the NCAA and particularly the NCHC is much better then the CHL. Much better to watch too. Especially the NCAA tournament, that was some great hockey. It reminded me of world junior hockey. The frozen 4 should be a treat.

I'd say NCHC and Hockey East are pretty equal as far as quality of competition.  the teams in the northeast and Midwest are pretty much  always the top teams.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/136351/vancouver-canucks-future-stars-playing-ncaa/

Beock Boeser prospect of the month. Some big predictions for the young lad. 

Projected to to be a top 6 player with the club. Let's hope so and within the next few years. 

The future is looking up!

“Vancouver Canucks have future stars playing in NCAA

…Brock Boeser has been a huge bright spot for the Canucks organization. Heading to UND for 2015-16, few expected Boeser to catch fire like he did and lead the team in scoring as a freshman. Playing on a top line with Drake Caggiula and Nick Schmaltz, Boeser has learned the intricacies of the college game from his veteran linemates. The chemistry between the three is evident and the scoresheet has their names all over it on most nights.

Not only did Boeser manage to lead his team in scoring but he has helped get the Fighting Hawks into the Frozen Four Tournament with a legitimate shot at a national title. Boeser received several honors from the NCHC including being named a First-Team All-Conference and to the NCHC All-Rookie Team.

Breaking scoring records in NCHC play and earning honors for his efforts, even he didn’t expect the kind of success that he achieved in 2015-16. Winning a national title would be the perfect end to a nearly perfect season for Boeser. As far as the future for Boeser, the Canucks will likely allow him another year in college before he turns pro and begins his career as a Vancouver Canuck. When that day comes the organization will have a legitimate top-six scoring winger in Brock Boeser…

Prospect of the Month

As noted above, Brock Boeser has been simply phenomenal so far in his college career and it appears that the sky is the limit for the young forward. Boeser’s stock has definitely risen over the course of the 2015-16 season and Canucks fans are eagerly anticipating the day when Boeser joins the big club.

It seems incredible that North Dakota, for all the program’s success, has not won a national title since 2000. Boeser could further solidify a place in school history by helping to add to the team’s hardware.”

Edited by ABNucksfan

2 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/136351/vancouver-canucks-future-stars-playing-ncaa/

Beock Boeser prospect of the month. Some big predictions for the young lad. 

Projected to to be a top 6 player with the club. Let's hope so and within the next few years. 

The future is looking up!

I'll take that.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'll take that.

IF  Horvat continues to improve every year, Tryamkin continues to impress, Virtanen, McCann, Hutton, Pedan, Etem, Tanev, and Bartschi play to their potential, and Boeser and Demko make the club and play the  way they are projected, keep a few of the good consistent steady vets, and add a couple of better than good UFA/RFA players and this team actually looks pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Seven pounds soft said:

Can Boeser play in Utica this season coming up?

Saw/ Heard JB say Brock was likely staying in college for one more year, but Demko would likely turn pro.  So Demko to Utica is possible/likely.

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Saw that. If he does go pro next year it sure would make things interesting. A whole other series of dominoes would start falling...

I would imagine the lines would look like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen/Boeser/Rodin

Baertschi - Sutter - Rodin/Boeser/Hansen

Virtanen - Horvat - Boeser/Rodin/Hansen

Gaunce - Granlund - Etem

Dorsett/Burrows/Etem

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

I would imagine the lines would look like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen/Boeser/Rodin

Baertschi - Sutter - Rodin/Boeser/Hansen

Virtanen - Horvat - Boeser/Rodin/Hansen

Gaunce - Granlund - Etem

Dorsett/Burrows/Etem

We're running 5 lines? :P

I think Gaunce and Burrows are in Utica personally. And I still hope to see the likes of Okposo signed.

Sedin, Sedin, Okposo/Hansen

Virtanen/Baer, Sutter, Hansen/Okposo

Baer/Virtanen, Horvat, Boesser

Etem, Granlund, Dorsett

Zalewski

I honestly don't see where Rodin fits if Boesser makes the club in that scenario. 

Without Okposo:

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen

Baer, Sutter, Virtanen

Rodin, Horvat, Boesser

Etem, Granlund, Dorsett

Zalewski

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Okposo/Hansen

Virtanen/Baer, Sutter, Hansen/Okposo

Baer/Virtanen, Horvat, Boesser

Etem, Granlund, Dorsett

Zalewski

I honestly don't see where Rodin fits if Boesser makes the club in that scenario. 

I'd move Hansen down to line 4 and play Rodin or Boeser on line 2.