The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

More on Boeser here:

http://thehockeywriters.com/brock-boeser-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

Other Rankings:

THW War Room Rankings (March): 24

Future Considerations: 29

HockeyProspect.com (February): 14

Last Word On Sports (February): 27

Craig Button (March): 9

CS Final Rankings for North American skaters (January): 28

Much like Kyle Connor, other than the major scouting sites who rank him high, Brock Boeser doesn’t get enough recognition playing the USHL. It’s difficult to find streams for games online, but when you do, Boeser is definitely a prospect you should tune in to see.

Born in Minnesota, Boeser verbally committed to Wisconsin originally, before retracting it and signing a letter of intent with North Dakota. He’s not a scrawny 6’1″ – he’s a muscular 6’1″. Sturdy on his skates, Boeser has outstanding balance and skating legs. In the offensive zone he’s a menace on the scoresheet. It’s as if he’s one step ahead of the defenders – both mentally and skill wise. He will wait for his shot before unleashing a devastating wrister. If he can’t find an open lane to shoot, Boeser isn’t afraid to drive the net for a scoring chance.

If you plan on trying to take the puck away from him I wish you the best of luck. He keeps the puck in close, and with his wider frame, knocking him over isn’t the easiest of tasks. Boeser can play a solid two-way game and has great puck pursuit, but he’s looked more for his scoring touch than his defensive play. Boeser has one of the strongest lower bodies for his size, and while he can skate well, his acceleration might need some work. Not that he isn’t a talented prospect already, but when he gets that extra boost in breakaway speed, he could potentially be deadly.

INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS

Boeser has played for Team USA three times and has won a gold medal and bronze medal. In 13 international games he has 13 goals and seven assists.

ETA:

2-3 years

Risk/Reward Analysis:

Risk: 1/5 Reward: 4/5

NHL Potential:

2nd line elite playmaker.

Strengths:

Driving the net

Hockey IQ

Shot release

Shielding the puck

Balance

Strength

Goal scoring touch

Hockey sense

Work ethic

Backcheck

Shot power/accuracy

Flaws/Aspects He Needs To Work On:

Acceleration

Stronger defensive game

Fantasy Hockey Potential:

Offensive: 7/10 Defensive: 4/10

NHL Player Comparison:

NHL comparison: Kyle Okposo

I've summarized this a bit to pull out the most relevant data, in my opinion.

That sounds tasty. A sharp/ oposo lhybrid be sweet. Sharp lite sounds super promising. He'll prob be in the nhl when Bo's 23

3 years isn't really that long when you look at their age when they break in. Brock would be 21-22

So now everyone is excited after seeing his highlights and listening to that great interview by the kid?

He needs 3-4 years to develop, but this is what is needed for a first round pick. For once we are focusing on guys who can put the puck in the net and have size. His skating needs work, but then we said the same thing about Horvat, and he worked on it and all of a sudden came up with a powerful stride.

I am no longer worried about how we develop the rooks, I think he will turn out just fine under benning. All the more reason to keep this team competitive, just keep stockpiling these type of kids.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Shinkaruk-McCann-Virtanen

enough said

Gaunce Cassels Jensen/Grenier too. Now thats enough said. A top 9 of the future. Not even lncluding Kenins Kassian and Vey

Edited by TheLiveWire

I'll be laughing if he refuses to sign with Vancouver and becomes a UFA.

If and when he does that, he'll likely be blackballed by most of the community. Sure, you don't see it from the stands with Mike Reilly, but owners are gonna start their complaints after that incident, behind the scenes.

1 Schultz left for Anahiem

2 Wheeler just left and became a UFA and went to Boston

3 Do some research before opening your yap for crying out loud, oh right, your "Brad Marchand" the rat.

Knew the first point, will give you the second, but you still need to learn to spell.

Also, you're basing the possibility of him jumping on 1) Reilly and two other players doing the same thing and 2) Boeser being from Minnesota.

You know Schultz didn't leave to go home, and neither did Wheeler nor Kevin Hayes who you didn't mention. By your logic, every kid who goes to college in Minnesota will sign with the Wild. Calm down.

Edited by Brad Marchand

Can't wait to see him at prospects camp

He likely won't be, as he is committed to UND - and as such, if I'm not mistakened, teams cannot pay for him to come; he'll have to come on his own dime. However, there isn't any point to this, since it's unlikely that he'll be trying to crack the main roster. It'll just be a huge waste of money.

He won't be seen for a good while, unless you follow his school's hockey program and games.

Knew the first point, will give you the second, but you still need to learn to spell.

Also, you're basing the possibility of him jumping on 1) Reilly and two other players doing the same thing and 2) Boeser being from Minnesota.

You know Schultz didn't leave to go home, and neither did Wheeler nor Kevin Hayes who you didn't mention. By your logic, every kid who goes to college in Minnesota will sign with the Wild. Calm down.

OH my, ... Minnesota was just a brief example of what might happen, lets not talk about Minnesota, he can go become a ufa for any other team then ok? maybe he chooses a team closer to home to stay with his family? have you ever thought of that??? Kid's American. It was pretty clear, Shultz and Reiley didn't want to sign with the teams that drafted them. The loss I guess is not as big, Shultz was a second round pick, Reily was a 3rd round pick, for crying out loud, Boeser is a 1st round pick as for Wheeler, of course I don't want this to happen, but can it happen? no crap it can. so many loopholes drafting these college bound players.

He likely won't be, as he is committed to UND - and as such, if I'm not mistakened, teams cannot pay for him to come; he'll have to come on his own dime. However, there isn't any point to this, since it's unlikely that he'll be trying to crack the main roster. It'll just be a huge waste of money.

He won't be seen for a good while, unless you follow his school's hockey program and games.

yea teams can't. But they always find a way, to cover it, like how the hell are they going to check you know what I mean? Didn't Schroeder came, White, he will be there.

yea teams can't. But they always find a way, to cover it, like how the hell are they going to check you know what I mean? Didn't Schroeder came, White, he will be there.

It's a good point on "how are they gonna check", but if a player squeals or if there's accusations of teams 'poaching' players, it'll be a massive scandal - resulting in University teams being wary of NHL teams.

Schroeder came and White did too, but they were looking to turn pro. They were definitely motivated.

It's too bad White was never able to do anything.