The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I will really like this pick if we get the 31st pick tmro morning, as once rumoured...

And get Roy or Kylington. How can a defenseman by the BPA only once, maybe twice every 20 years? Especially when its your teams biggest area of need.

At least its a good pick. And we do need RW as well.

Boeser is our RW, but I wouldn't mind shipping Lack to AZ for 32.

I'll just repost what I put in the draft thread:

Definitely seems like a quality person with strong character, but I don't quite see see him as a player with the most upside available that Benning said they were going to be aiming for with the 23rd. And I'm not saying he'll be bad, just that I'm not so sure of his ceiling considering other picks that were available.

I guess it's similar to last year in that regard, although I think we had opportunity to get a little higher skill level without significantly increasing our risk (as we would have been doing with someone like Nylander) and there is no hometown factor. If I was looking at him, I'd be trying to get him with an early to mid second so this was a bit early for me.

Hearing the comparisons to Brett Hull's shot and Okoposo's style of play are pretty good positives though. I'd be happy with either (or both) of those but certainly we're only likely to get a percentage of that, so we'll wait and see how much.

Good skills, but not as good a skater as I'd like being a smaller power forward. Going the NCAA route as well, so he'll be a few years before we see him in pro.

I'll just repost what I put in the draft thread:

Good skills, but not as good a skater as I'd like being a smaller power forward. Going the NCAA route as well, so he'll be a few years before we see him in pro.

He stated in his presser that skating - in particular getting more explosive - is one of the main things he is working on with a skating instructor. He seems pretty modest and is aware of what he needs to do to prepare for the NHL.

Easier to teach better skating than to teach tenacity, fearlessness, Goal scoring instinct, and being hard on the puck. Lots of great skaters taken in the draft that will never develop those skills.

A little bummed we didn't take Konecny instead but, whatever.

I'm excited about this guy.

I think Konecny dropped that far due to concussion concerns. But anyways, Boeser, Jasek and Olson are great picks. I am reserved about Brisebois until I see how he performs next season.

Only bright spot of this draft for me.

Boeser, Brisebois, Zhukenov, Jasek all have fair PCS probability of becoming NHLers. Neil, Gaudette, Olson on the other hand not so much but can become depth players being projects more than anything.

Like JB said in his interview and PCS says, there's 3-4 guys in Boeser-Brisebois-Zhukenov-Jasek that have a fair shot at becoming solid NHLers. I think you're being a bit too critical and have your expectations of players a bit too high.